Strawberry Avocado Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is filling enough to to serve as the main meal!
Guys, this year I’m ditching the paper plates and entertaining in style with Lenox’s gorgeous French Perle melamine picnic dishware!
When was the last time you went on a picnic? I try to sneak in picnic events every summer, and they have been the most memorable outings. In fact, I giggle when I think about the year I sent Alan to claim a picnic table that was located right on the beach. I wanted the perfect setting for my mom’s birthday celebration, and that particular spot was so pretty!
Sometimes I grab simple prepared foods like hummus, cheese and crackers, but my most favorite meals are the ones that are healthy, hearty, easy to prepare, and you feel like you’re dining at a restaurant!
This Strawberry Avocado Chicken Salad with poppy seed dressing is an ideal meal for a picnic. All the food can be prepared in advance, and then transported in the same lightweight serving pieces.
Aren’t the details on these melamine dishes lovely? When you first glance at them they look just like Lenox’s stoneware.
The melamine dishware is super light, which makes them easy to pack up and enjoy while outdoors!
I prepared all the ingredients ahead of time and covered them with plastic wrap. Once we got to the park all that needed to be done was to assemble the salad. Easy!
Lenox’s French Perle melamine pieces are available as sets of four in blue, aqua, and gray. In addition, large serving bowls, platters, and matching stemware will complete a set for outdoor entertaining.
Strawberry Avocado Chicken Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (light is ok)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar alternative (erythritol) I used Swerve
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders cooked and chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and halved
- 1 large avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 10 ounce mixed salad greens
- In a small jar add milk, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, Swerve and poppy seeds. Cover with lid and shake until well combined. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve over salad.
- In a large Bowl add mixed greens. Gently fold in strawberries, onion, avocado, chicken and pine nuts. Drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of prepared dressing over salad and serve. Add more dressing if desired.