Avocado Chicken Salad with Fresh Strawberries and Poppy Seed Dressing is filling enough to to serve as the main meal!
This post is sponsored by Lenox®, the Women’s Choice Award for America’s most recommended fine dining and giftware! The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Foodie Affair.
Strawberry Avocado Chicken Salad
Guys, this year I’m ditching the paper plates and entertaining in style with Lenox’s gorgeous French Perle melamine picnic dish ware!
When was the last time you went on a picnic? I try to sneak in picnic events every summer, and they have been the most memorable outings.
In fact, I giggle when I think about the year I sent Alan to claim a picnic table that was located right on the beach.
The extra effort it took to grab an ideal spot was worth it! Now every time we pass by that area in unison we’ll say, “remember when we had a picnic there?!”
Simple Picnic Ideas
Sometimes I grab simple prepared foods like hummus, cheese and crackers, but my most favorite meals are the ones that are healthy, hearty, easy to prepare, and you feel like you’re dining at a restaurant!
Make hearty sandwiches like this Crab Salad Sandwich or pick some up from a deli.
This Strawberry Avocado Chicken Salad with poppy seed dressing is also an ideal meal for a picnic. All the food can be prepared in advance, and then transported in the same lightweight serving pieces.
What to Bring on a Picnic
Once you have decided on the menu, don’t forget the following:
- Blanket or towels to sit on if there isn’t a table
- Utensils for serving and eating
- Napkins or paper towels
- Beverage and cups
Poppy Seed Salad Dressing For Avocado Chicken Salad
All the ingredients in this salad are fresh and delicious including the salad dressing! In fact, don’t be tempted to buy a ready-made dressing.
This poppy seed dressing takes minimal effort to put together. This is what you’ll need:
- Mayonnaise (light is ok)
- White wine vinegar
- Sugar alternative (erythritol) I used Swerve
- Poppy seeds
Put it all in a container with a lid, shake it up and it’s ready to go. Easy!
Add a Fresh Drink and Dessert to Your Picnic!
Looking For More Salad Recipes?
Salads are light and refreshing! Enjoy as a main dish or to compliment any meal. Be sure to check out these delicious recipes
- Grilled Ginger Chicken Sesame Salad
- Keto Chicken Salad
- Cabbage Salad Recipe
- BLT Chicken Salad
- Keto Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (light is ok)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar alternative (erythritol) I used Swerve
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders cooked and chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and halved
- 1 large avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 10 ounce mixed salad greens
- In a small jar add milk, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, Swerve and poppy seeds.
- Cover with lid and shake until well combined. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve over salad.
- In a large Bowl add mixed greens.
- Gently fold in strawberries, onion, avocado, chicken and pine nuts.
- Drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of prepared dressing over salad and serve. Add more dressing if desired.
Note that the nutritional information includes all of the dressing. Once mixed you may find that you will use about half for this recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 992mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 25g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR SIDE DISH OR SALAD BOARD FOR LATER