This low carb meatloaf is flavored with all the fixings that would be in a juicy burger! Love bacon, onion, and sharp cheddar cheese?
I bet this cheeseburger meatloaf will be a hit at your house, and I promise that you won’t miss the bun!
Low Carb Meatloaf
It’s SUMMER and I’ve been in vacation mode for weeks, which is why I’m behind in sharing recipes with you all!
I actually did take a week off of work and spent about 5 days in Arizona. It was my first time to hike the Grand Canyon National Park.
Arizona surprised me! It’s a fabulous vacation spot filled with wildlife areas, historic sites, lakes and reservoirs!
We had the best time, but holy cow was it hot! Like super-duper sweaty hot!
Low Carb Meatloaf With Cheddar Cheese Chunks
Since I didn’t cooked in over a week while on vacation I was anxious for a home cooked meal. Even after being out of the house, we always have the basics on hand like a pound or two of ground beef, turkey and chicken as well as CHEESE.
Luckily, If I ask Alan what he wants to eat, nine times out of ten he’ll request comfort food like meatloaf and PIZZA.
Although I was tempted to make my low carb pizza since we both like cheesy foods, I made this hearty cheeseburger meatloaf instead!
What an easy and delicious meal! Folded into the beef are chunks of cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and onion. The same ingredients you would find layered on burger!
Low Carb Binder For Meatloaf
Most meatloaf recipes call for some type of a binder like tomato sauce and eggs with oats, bread or cracker crumbs or even panko flakes.
For this low carb meatloaf we used one egg and ground pork rinds as the binder.
The gooey cheese helps hold all the ingredients together as well.
This low carb meatloaf, the mother of all comfort food is just the meal to dive into after being on vacation!
Meatloaf In Mini Loaf Pans
I divided the meat mixture into one 8 x 4 loaf pan and two mini 2 x 4 loaf pans.
The mini loaves will cook in about 25 minutes!
What To Serve Meatloaf With
Pair this meatloaf with some veggies or a light salad for a super simple delicious meal!
- Crunchy Baked Zucchini Sticks – Baked with a coating of parmesan cheese.
- Sweet Potato Fries – Crispy baked hand-cut sweet potatoes that have been soaked in Oktoberfest beer.
- Perfect French Fries – Simple fry recipe.
- Garden Salad – Soft and tender lettuce leaves, with sliced apples, dried cherries, and crispy chicken all topped with a fresh buttermilk and tarragon salad dressing.
- Wedge Salad – Thick slice of iceberg lettuce topped with homemade blue cheese dressing.
- Vegan Cesar Salad Recipe – Quick and easy recipe with a dressing made with cashews and coconut.
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower – Slightly nutty flavor of the florets are enhanced with a sprinkle of cheese for the perfect touch of seasoning.
- Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts – Lightly braised and then steamed giving them a crisp, dense texture and a slightly sweet fresh taste.
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans – Delicious and simple side dish seasoned with Himalayan salt and garlic.
Try These Quick and Easy Dishes Too
- Ginger Sweet Potato Carrot Soup – Delicious vegan comfort food.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Easy way to add veggies to your diet.
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup – Belly warming meal in 25 minutes.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 150mg Sodium: 907mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 40g