Corned Beef Slow Cooked with cabbage, carrots and potatoes. This meal is a delicious traditional Irish dish for Saint Patrick’s Day made easy! Add the ingredients, enjoy an Irish cream hot chocolate, and come back to crockpot corned beef!
Corned Beef Cabbage Slow Cooked
Give Alan a nice chunk of beef a spud or two and he’s a happy man. Are you a meat and potato lover too?
Well, then this recipe is for you!
Once you see corned beef in the grocery store, grab it and let the magic of the crockpot do its thing.
Crockpot Corned Beef Is Tender!
Corned beef cabbage slow cooked takes one tough piece of meat and tenderizes it perfectly!
Don’t worry about biting into a tough piece of beef when using a slow cooker. Crockpot beef is tender!
You’ll also be happy to know that the vegetables soak up the flavors from the beef adding lots of depth to the meal. Mmmm, delicious.
Use the spices that come with the brisket. The ready made seasoning packet simplifies this meal.
No measuring spices necessary. Open that packet and place in in the slow cooker!
All the ingredients will cook for about 6 hours on high temperature.
Add the cabbage during the last hour of cooking. Cabbage softens up fairly quickly compared to the potatoes and carrots.
Leftover Corned Beef
There is usually enough corned beef to be enjoyed for several meals. The leftovers can be used to make complete new dishes like these:
- Classic Reuben Sandwich – Deli sandwich made by stuffing toasted rye bread with corned beef, sauerkraut, melted Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing.
- Cheesy Reuben Appetizer – Easy to make appetizer.
- Leftover Corned Beef Hash – Quick and easy meal for breakfast or brunch.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Chowder -A dish that I think will make you crave corned beef and cabbage more than once a year!
- How about dipping a warm slice of Guinness Beer Bread in the chowder?
Do you have a favorite Irish dish that you enjoy year after year? Looking for a sweet treat? How about making homemade Irish Cream? YUM
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth (I used Better Than Bouillon, Reduced Sodium)
- Peppercorns and seasoning that comes with the corned beef
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, small
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths (cut in half if the carrots are thick)
- 1 head green cabbage cut into wedges
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 887Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 707mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 10gSugar: 11gProtein: 75g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR SLOW COOKER AND BEEF RECIPE BOARDS