Keto Breakfast Cookies with hemp hearts (seeded hemp) and shredded coconut flakes are nutritious portable breakfast cookies for on the go!
Keto Breakfast Cookies
These nutritious cookies have been on my must create recipe list for the longest time, so I’m excited to share these low sugar, nourishing cookie bites on The Foodie Affair’s blog.
Yes, you can feel good about eating cookies for a first meal of the day because these made with wholesome ingredients like crunchy walnuts, tasty coconut flakes, and coconut oil, which is one of the good fats recommended on a ketogenic diet.
Saturated fats help fill you up, so you won’t need to munch every few hours because you’ll feel satisfied for a longer period!
Healthy breakfast cookies
All those ingredients have made several recipes on the blog, but new to my collection is hemp hearts! Hemp hearts are shelled hemp seeds that taste similar to a sunflower seed, but with the soft texture of a pine nut.
The first time I tried hemp hearts I cooked them the same way you would cook oatmeal and added some fresh berries. The hemp porridge is such a nice alternative to a carbohydrate dense meal like oatmeal.
Hemp hearts are low carb, an excellent source of plant protein, nutrient dense with omega-3 essential fatty acids, iron, vitamin E and GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), an Omega-6 fatty acid. One of the superfoods!
Hemp hearts add great texture to these keto breakfast cookies and only 5 net carbs per cookie! Chewy, satisfying and a great way to fuel your body as a first meal!
Keto Breakfast Cookies
Healthy breakfast cookies with hemp hearts (seeded hemp) and shredded coconut flakes are nutritious portable breakfast cookies for on the go!
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- dash himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup sugar alternative (Swerve brand, Sugar 2.0)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the coconut oil and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients. Let sit 5 minutes while flour absorbs the liquid.
- Form each cookie (tbs) dough in the shape (width and height) to your preference. Sprinkle with additional walnut pieces and coconut (optional). Bake for 15 minutes.