Parmesan Roasted Green Beans seasoned with himalayan salt and garlic! This delicious and simple healthy side dish compliments any of your favorite meals.
Tell me… green beans. Yay or nay? For me, definitely yay, but I’ll only serve them fresh. I’ve never been a fan of the canned version. I just don’t like the watery soft texture of the beans.
Green beans have an odd smell when you first open the can too. Plus, I didn’t grown up with canned beans, so it’s not something I’ve ever been accustomed to.
I picked up these fresh green beans from a produce stand in Maryland when I went to visit my sister and her family last week. We were getting ready for one of many feasts that we had while I was there, and I wanted to contribute by making a couple of healthy dishes.
Maryland hasn’t been informed that fresh green beans should be reasonably priced though, especially during the summer months. I think I paid almost $5 for a pound. Yikes! Maybe they were organic and I just didn’t notice.
Worth Every Bite!
Regardless, this parmesan roasted green beans are so tasty and worth every delicious pricy bite!
Roasting veggies brings out their natural flavors, and when you coat these green beans with simple seasonings they take a drastic turn from good tasting to scrumptious!
Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Himalayan)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cleaned and ends cut
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add green beans to the bowl and gently stir until each piece is covered with the mix. Drain excess egg and then add the parmesan cheese. Gently stir into the beans.
- Spread the green beans on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.