Air Fryer Steak Bites Wrapped in Bacon
Air Fryer Steak Bites Wrapped in Bacon is the perfect way to eat steak. The bacon helps to seal in flavor and moisture in this air fryer recipe, giving you juicy and perfectly cooked steak bites every time.
If you enjoy deliciously tender steak then this easy air fryer recipe is one that you are going to want to make right away. Steak bites are so simple to make and the entire family is going to love these flavorful morsels. This recipe is low carb and perfect for helping you stay on track with your lifestyle goals.
Looking for a heartier meal? Be sure to try this grilled rib eye steak or this pan seared steak recipe.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This/These Steak Bites
- Tender and moist – lots of satisfying textures too! Each bite is crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Filling appetizer idea as well as a keto friendly meal.
- Easy to find ingredients – most are stocked spices you may already have.
- Kid-friendly – everyone loves these steak bites. May need to double up and make another batch!
- One-pot for easy clean up.
Equipment Needed To Make Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
- Knife and cutting board
- small mixing bowl
- air fryer – any size will work. You will need to air fry in batches depending on the capacity of your air fryer.
- toothpicks or small bamboo skewers
Ingredients For Your Air Fryer Steak Bites
- bacon, cut in half. Use regular cut bacon, not the thick-cut.
- filet mignon – check out this cut chart for kabob cuts that will work for this recipe.
- red chili flakes – omit if you don’t like spicy flavors.
- garlic powder
- onion powder
How To Make Air Fryer Steak Bites Wrapped in Bacon
Step 1 – Cut Beef
Dice your steak up into bite-sized pieces.
Step 2 – Mix seasonings
In a small bowl, mix together your seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, chili flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Step 3 – Season Beef
In a large bowl, add your steak. Add your seasonings to the steak and mix well.
Step 4 – Wrap in Bacon
Take each individual steak bite and wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick or small bamboo skewer.
Step 5 – Air fry the Steak Bites
Add each bite to your Air Fryer with the steak side up. Do not overcrowd. Cook at 380°F degrees for 12-15 minutes depending on how well done you want your bacon and steak. I cooked it at 15 for a medium steak.
Step 6 Enjoy with sauce
Enjoy right out of the Air Fryer or serve with your favorite dip or sauce.
What to Serve with Your Steak Bites
If you are wondering what to serve with your steak bites here is a list of my favorite low carb or keto-friendly sides to serve with your air fryer recipe. However, you can serve any dish with this easy recipe that your family prefers.
- Side Salad
- Roasted Broccoli
- Zucchini Sticks – healthy crunchy baked fries.
- Roasted Cauliflower with parmesan cheese.
- Steamed Zucchini
- Mashed Cauliflower– a family favorite recipe!
Dipping Sauces to try
Love a little extra flavor? Offer a couple of dipping sauces.
BBQ Sauce – this sugar free barbecue sauce is flavorful and will keep you on track when following a low carb diet.
Ranch Dressing – homemade mix comes together in minutes. Kids especially love dipping into this dip.
Blue Cheese Sauce – steak and blue cheese are made for each other. Rich and flavorful.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
Steak Sauce or Marinade – Flavor your steak bites with the addition of steak sauce before cooking if you prefer that deeper flavor.
Compound Butter – Cilantro Lime Butter or Garlic Butter makes for a great finishing sauce on top of your cooked steak bites for additional flavor.
Prosciutto – Out of bacon? Prosciutto makes for a great substitution.
How To Reheat & Store Air Fryer Steak Bites
How to Store Air Fryer Steak Bites
Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Be sure to keep your leftover steak bites in an airtight container while it is in the fridge.
Can I Freeze Steak Bites?
Yes, leftover steak bites in the air fryer can be frozen for up to three months. Just make sure that you store your leftovers in a freezer-safe bag or container.
How To Reheat Steak Bites in the air fryer?
Reheat leftover steak in the air fryer at 350°F degree for 4 to 7 minutes or until warm all the way through the center of the steak. Reheating in the air fryer will make bring the crispiness back to your bacon.
Air Fryer Steak Bites FAQs
The trick to making sure that your bacon gets crispy is not overcrowding your air fryer basket. Make sure that there is room around each steak bite to cook in the air fryer.
Here is a list of the internal temperatures for steaks. Rare: 120°F to 130°F degrees, Medium-Rare: 130°F to 135°F degrees, Medium 140°F to 150°F degrees, Medium-Well 155°F to 165°F degrees, Well-Done 170°F degree or more.
You can use Beef tenderloin, Sirloin, Skirt steak, New York strip steak for these air fryer steak bites.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
Air Fryer Steak Bites Wrapped in Bacon
- 1- pound bacon cut in half
- 1 pound filet mignon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Dice your steak up into bite sized piece (1" x 1"), and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the salt, black pepper, paprika, chili flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add the spices to the steak and mix until all the pieces are well seasoned.
- Slice the bacon in half and wrap each steak bite with the bacon. Secure with a toothpick or wooden skewer.
- Place each prepared steak bite to the Air Fryer basket placing the steak-side up. Do not overcrowd. Cook at 380°F degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Place on a serving plate or platter and serve with your favorite dip or sauce.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS
Oh wow, these came out amazing! The steak done perfect and the bacon so crispy! Made them for dinner the other night, they were perfect!
These were a hit at our watch party yesterday!! Love that I could make them ahead and they cooked quickly!