My Keto Alfredo Sauce is a perfect addition to your meal plan. Loaded with flavor and easy to add to your favorite zoodles or grilled chicken recipe. This is an ideal weeknight recipe for the whole family.
Keto Alfredo Sauce
One thing everyone on a keto diet misses is the pasta they are used to making.
It’s not just about the pasta, that’s easy to replace, but it’s the sauces. Most people don’t realize just how much added sugar and even flour goes into your everyday pasta sauce recipe.
From alfredo sauce to marinara, the added sugars can be tough when trying to follow a keto diet.
This recipe makes sure you can enjoy a rich Alfredo with zero worry about going off of your ketogenic diet.
Should I Use Fresh Parmesan Cheese?
Absolutely! Don’t grab that plastic green can of “cheese”. This calls for the real deal.
Go to your local deli or the cheese section of your market and get a good quality parmesan for this recipe.
It’s an absolute must for flavor, but also to keep this a keto friendly recipe.
What Should I Serve Low Carb Alfredo Sauce With?
A good keto alfredo sauce can be used in dozens of different ways. My first is always with zoodles, but you can also use it for some other great things in your menu.
- Add as a dipping sauce with keto breadsticks or this grain free bread.
- Use with eggplant or zucchini slices and spinach for an alfredo lasagna recipe.
- Pour over grilled chicken in place of the avocado salsa.
- Try chicken breasts with slices of ham for a variation of chicken cordon bleu.
- Pour over grilled asparagus.
- Use as a dip for baked zucchini fries.
- Mix in grilled shrimp and vegetables.
- Replace the cream and cheese in this low carb chicken casserole recipe with this alfredo.
Another great addition to this meal are my keto crab stuffed mushrooms. They are delicious and go great alongside alfredo.
How Long is This Keto Alfredo Sauce Recipe Good For?
If you are not making this to use the same day, it is good for up to 5 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container.
I have frozen this sauce before in a large freezer bag, and allowed it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before heating and using.
This method makes it good for up to 3 months in the freezer. Just make sure to properly date and label the jar before freezing.
Can I Make Low Carb Alfredo Sauce Without Cream Cheese?
There are many sauce options without cream cheese. I find, however, that making it keto friendly, the use of cream cheese gives the best texture and flavor.
For most who make this without the cream cheese, they simply add additional Parmesan cheese.
Can I Make This Keto Without Heavy Cream?
I would not recommend making this recipe without heavy cream.
Most other milk products are higher in carbohydrates and would be unsuitable for this recipe. You could try a rich almond milk option, but the flavor and consistency wouldn’t be the same.
If you are unable to have heavy cream for some reason, you may want to look for a different sauce option that fits your needs.
Keto Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into pieces
- ¾ cups parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan melt butter, add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Slowly add parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until well incorporated.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with zucchini noodles or over broccoli and chicken.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR SAUCE, LOW CARB AND KETO BOARDS