This Easy White Peppermint Fudge Recipe is so simple to make and requires only six ingredients. This perfectly sweet and minty festive fudge is just what you need to celebrate the holidays.
If you are looking for a quick and easy no-bake Christmas treat this holiday season then this delicious fudge recipe is for you. There is no need to spend all day in the kitchen when you can make this creamy White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge recipe in just minutes.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS WHITE PEPPERMINT FUDGE RECIPE
- You can make it in advance – Make this fudge up to 48 hours in advance to save time in the kitchen at party time.
- It’s transportable – No need to worry about frosting sliding off during transport with this easy holiday dessert recipe.
- Easy to find simple ingredients – You can find most of these ingredients in the holiday baking section at your local store.
- No-Bake: No candy thermometer needed or reason to heat up the oven. All you need is the stove top to make this easy recipe.
- Great holiday gift idea – holiday candies including homemade fudge are easy Christmas gifts. Wrap in a festive cellophane bag and put in a mug along with the recipe!
EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO MAKE EASY FUDGE
- 8″ x 8″ baking pan
- parchment paper or aluminum foil
- storage bag
- medium size saucepan
INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR EASY WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE RECIPE
- White Baking Chips -You could also use white candy melts or almond bark.
- Mini marshmallows – Mini marshmallows work best in this recipe but you could also use large marshmallows.
- Milk – Heavy cream can be used in place of milk if you are out of milk.
- Butter – adds to the creamy texture.
- Peppermint extract
- Candy canes – optional, crushed peppermints would also work. You can also use sugar-free peppermint candy.
HOW TO MAKE EASY WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE
Step 1: Prep your baking pan
Line an 8″ x8″ square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
Step 2: Crush the candy canes
Place peppermint candy in a plastic Ziploc bag and crush them into small pieces with a blunt mallet. Set aside
Step 3: Make the fudge
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat add the baking chips, marshmallows, milk, and butter. Stir until all ingredients are melted and well incorporated.
Step 4: Add the extract
Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract.
Step 5: Set the fudge
Add the prepared peppermint candies to the top of the fudge and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Step 6: Slice the fudge
Remove from pan and slice with a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container or enjoy right away.
SUBSITUTIONS & ADDITIONS
Chocolate: If you don’t have white chocolate chips on hand, white candy melts or white chocolate can be used instead.
Candy Canes: Crushed candy canes are optional for this recipe. You can leave them out altogether.
Extracts – In place of peppermint you can add 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon or almond extract.
Sprinkles: If you are leaving off the crushed cane canes on the top, you can top your fudge with festive sprinkles.
Shape: Instead of cutting the peppermint fudge into squares you can shape your fudge into balls before it sets and then roll the balls in the crushed candy canes.
HOW TO STORE EASY WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge can be stored for a couple of days in an airtight sealed container at room temperature. Or, you can store this fudge for up to two weeks in a covered container in the fridge.
CAN I FREEZE WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE?
If you want a longer-term storage option fudge freezes well. Store fudge in a freezer-safe bag or container in the freezer for up to 6 months. I like to make a double batch of this fudge so that I always have some on hand in the freezer when I get a craving for peppermint fudge.
PEPPERMINT FUDGE FAQs
Yes! If you are not a fan of white chocolate semi-sweet chocolate will still taste great in this easy fudge recipe.
No! There is no need to try to track down a jar of marshmallow creme to make fudge with this peppermint fudge recipe.
Yes! Peppermint Fudge is kid-friendly and you can even let your kids help you add the crushed candy canes to the top of your fudge.
You can use chopped peppermints or even chopped Andes mints in place of the candy case or leave them out altogether.
Yes, you can leave out the peppermint extract. I would suggest adding vanilla extract in its place. However, just a note if you do leave out the peppermint extract your fudge will have a vanilla taste instead of peppermint.
MORE PEPPERMINT RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY:
Let me know if you made this easy peppermint fudge recipe. Keep this recipe in mind for holiday parties and when you want a great gift idea for your neighbors, kid’s teachers or special friend. We all appreciate homemade treats this time of the year.
Looking for a sugar free option? Check out this Low Carb Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white baking chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) stick of butter, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Peppermint candy, crushed
- Line a 8" x8" square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly grease with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- Place candy canes in a ziplock bag (remove as much air as possible) and crush with the flat end of a meat mallet. Break into small pieces, and set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan add baking chips, marshmallows, milk and butter. Heat over medium low and stir continuously until the ingredients are creamy and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint extract. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour the peppermint fudge into the prepared baking pan. Top with crushed peppermint candy and gently press into the fudge so the candy sticks to the fudge. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from baking pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 1-2" x 1-2" squares.
You may use salted butter for this recipe. If using unsalted, add a pinch of salt if desired.
To use regular size marshmallows instead of the mini size, you will need 16 regular size marshmallows.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 38Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS