Easy Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner Recipe
This Easy Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner is a weeknight dinner lifesaver! The turkey is moist with crispy edges, roasted vegetables are tender with a touch of sweetness, and it all comes together in less than an hour with only one pan to clean!
In my opinion, one-pan dinners are the best, especially in the colder seasons. When I want a quick and hearty meal without a lot of dishes at the end of it. If you are looking for an easy Thanksgiving meal for a small family this dish would be perfect.
Table of Contents
Sheet Pan Dinner
What is a sheet pan dinner? A sheet pan dinner is when all the ingredients get thrown onto one large baking sheet and baked until cooked through. It is usually everything you need to make a nutritious, delicious meal in an hour or less!
Sheet pan dinners are so easy to clean up as everything gets put into one dish. Not only are they easy to clean up and tasty, but these meals can be made low carb and help you stay on track with your healthy lifestyle.
Why You’ll Love This Turkey Tenderloin Recipe
- So easy – Chop up the vegetables and then lay them and your protein onto your baking sheet and pop them into the oven!
- One-pan – No need to have a sink full of dishes when you finish with this meal you only need one baking sheet.
- Easy to find ingredients – Nothing fancy is needed for this recipe and you can easily make swaps with the ingredients that you have on hand.
- Healthy – This sheet pan dinner is simple and healthy and full of colorful vegetables.
Equipment Needed To Make Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- sheet pan (or two if your pan is small)
- knife and cutting board
- large bowl
Ingredients For Your Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner
Turkey Tenderloins – Pick these up at your local grocery store and trim off any extra fat. This is a boneless and skinless tender section of the turkey breast. This article explains the difference between turkey tenderloin and breasts.
Baby potatoes – These small potatoes are flavorful and easy to find in your local produce department. No peeling the skins.
Sweet potatoes – Want fresh sweet potatoes? Look for a potato with vibrant color and few blemishes. You want the sweet potato to be firm.
Red onion – Red onions tend to be medium to large in size and have a sharp flavor. I like making savory dishes with this colorful root.
Brussel sprouts – Look for fresh Brussel sprouts that have no brown spots and are not squishy. You can trust your nose when it comes to finding fresh or spoiled Brussels.
Oil – I used vegetable oil for this recipe, but you can use your favorite high heat oil like avocado.
Brown sugar – Brown sugar is used for many marinades because it brings not only sweetness but also a deep rich flavor. You can also use golden monk fruit for a sugar free option.
Zesty Italian dressing mix – I love these easy dressing packets they make flavoring food so easy and work well as a marinade. You can also make your own mix. Use the dry ingredients only from this Italian dressing recipe.
How To Make A Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner
Step 1: Preheat the oven and get your turkey ready
Preheat your oven to 400°F degrees. On a large rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil place your turkey tenderloins in the middle.
Step 2: Prep your vegetables
First, quarter your potatoes and then peel and cube your sweet potatoes. Once you have cubed your potatoes then slice your onion. And, lastly, halve your Brussel sprouts.
Step 3: Season your vegetables
Place all the vegetables in a large bowl. Then, add the oil and toss to coat. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and Italian dressing mix. Add half the seasoning mix to the vegetables. And then toss to combine.
Step 4: Fill the sheet pan
Scatter the vegetables all around the turkey tenderloins. Then place the remaining seasoning mix on the turkey tenderloins.
Step 5: Bake the turkey dinner
Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. You want the vegetables nice and caramelized and the turkey at an internal temperature of 165°F degrees. Once done you can eat as is or serve over rice or potatoes.
Substitutions & Additions
Turkey – Can’t find turkey tenderloin at your local grocery store? You can cut a boneless turkey breast into tenders.
Chicken – Not a fan of turkey? Use breasts that have been halved instead of turkey tenderloins.
Brown Sugar – Are you on keto or low carb? Use a brown sugar substitute like Swerve brown sugar replacement.
How To Reheat & Store Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner
Storing: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Be sure to keep leftovers in an airtight container to prevent contamination.
Reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave for one to two minutes at a time. Or, in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until warm all the way through.
Sheet Pan Dinner FAQs
Yes, you can use frozen turkey tenderloins. Cook for about five minutes longer in the oven.
Yes, you can substitute your favorite vegetables. You can also double up on your favorites or add more or less of the vegetables that your family prefers.
Absolutely! You can make your own Italian seasoning or just use your favorite seasoning blends.
For a fully cooked turkey, the internal temperature should be 165°F degrees. And remember to use a meat thermometer for best results.
Other Turkey Recipes You’ll Love
Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner Recipe
- 1.5 pounds turkey tenderloins
- 1.5 pound bag baby potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 12 ounces fresh brussel sprouts trimmed
- ¼ cup vegetable or avocado oil
- 1 cup brown sugar or sugar alternative
- 1 0.6 ounce packet zesty Italian dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- On a large rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil and place the turkey tenderloins in the middle of the cookie sheet.
- Next halve or quarter the potatoes.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
Slice your onion.
- Halve the brussels sprouts.
- Place all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and Italian dressing mix.
- Add half the seasoning mix to the vegetables. Toss to combine.
- Scatter the vegetables all around the turkey tenderloins.
- Place the remaining seasoning mix on the turkey tenderloins.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Roast until vegetables are tender and onions caramelize. The turkey should reach at an internal temperature of 165°F degrees.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS
This is a great weeknight meal for two! We loved it!
This is like a full Thanksgiving meal all in one convenient pan. Love it!
I adore sheet pan dinners! And I never think there is enough turkey during the holidays, so I will be making this — this week! YAY! Love how delicious and healthy this is!