Delicious pineapple melon smoothie made with fresh fruit is a tasty cool breakfast for snack for on the go. Need a mid day, pre or post pick me up? Whip up this smoothie!
Pineapple Melon Smoothie
Breakfast to go! Smoothies filled with fresh fruit are so easy to blend up, and a healthy way to start your morning!
If you enjoyed this pineapple smoothie, then you will also love this pineapple with melon smoothie!
You might remember I explained in this pumpkin spice smoothie post, three different ways I mix my smoothies; dairy-free, with yogurt or protein powder. I alter the combination just to vary the routine.
I use a mix of fruits; strawberries, blueberries, blackberries in different combinations, and often with bananas and spinach, but I saw a cantaloupe and pineapple smoothie duo on Roti n Rice‘s site and I couldn’t wait to try it!
This was immediately blended up after my local radio station woke me up to Hawaiian themed music!
I made it with a scoop of vanilla protein powder, adding about 20 grams of protein to the mix.
It’s a refreshing beverage!
How To Thicken Smoothies
I like the thicker consistency that frozen fruit adds to smoothies, so I often combine fresh and freshly frozen fruit.
If you haven’t cut your own fresh pineapple, check out this How To Cut Pineapple post. You’ll learn step by step how to make rings and chunks.
The pineapple chunks can be placed on a baking sheet in a single layer and placed in the freezer for at least an hour prior to putting in freezer bags.
You can also thicken it up with a couple of cubes of ice if you are using all fresh fruit.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Smoothie:
To make the cook and refreshing tropical smoothie, gather the following;
- Diced fresh cantaloupe
- Diced pineapple – freeze for a thick smoothie. I use fresh pineapple. Check out this post to cut your own pineapple.
- Coconut water – hydrating adding fiber, vitamin C and minerals
- Vanilla or unflavored protein powder – I like low carb brands made with stevia
- Ice (optional) if using all fresh fruit
More Smoothie Ideas
You also might love these smoothies too!
- Strawberry Coconut Smoothie – Dairy free, low carb, keto recipe will keep you satisfied for hours.
- Spinach and Avocado Smoothie – This tastes like a mint shake, but this smoothie is healthy and good for you.
- Apple Spice Smoothie – Greek yogurt is the base with fresh apple and apple spice. 17 grams of protein will keep you satisfied for hours.
- 1 cup fresh cantaloupe, cut in chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 serving (scoop) of protein powder (vanilla)
Mix all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 15g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Pineapple and cantaloupe are filled with vitamin C, so get your daily allowance naturally from this smoothie!
This post was first published April, 2014. I have since updated it with new photos (August, 2020).
PIN TO YOUR HEALTHY BEVERAGE AND SMOOTHIE BOARDS