Creamy limoncello martini is a nice mix of sweet and tart flavor with a good dose of boozy limoncello and vodka. Goes down smooth and tastes like a dessert. I use sugar free ingredients, which makes this cocktail extra enticing for keto and low carb diet followers.
Ahhh, you didn’t think I shared how to make limoncello just to keep it stashed in your freezer did you?
Nope, homemade limoncello needs to be incorporated into drinks, specifically a martini!
My light and refreshing limoncello spritz is my go-to cocktail, but now it’s time for something different and you are going to love it!
This limoncello martini is creamy with just the right amount of sweet and tart flavors that work well together in a cocktail.
If you made the sugar free version of my limoncello, then you have a perfect keto cocktail.
Limoncello Martini Recipe
For this martini I rimmed the glass with graham crackers for aesthetics, but mostly enjoy this martini without any additional treats on the rim of the glass.
Also, note that there is a creamy base, plenty of boozy flavor and a dollop of sugar free whipped cream for convenience.
If you need to make a trip to the store just for the ready made Cool Whip, feel free to whip up your own.
Note that you only need a tablespoon per cocktail to add the creaminess that is so delicious.
Here’s how to make just a tablespoon or two of homemade whipped cream:
- Add 2 ounces of heavy whipping cream to a glass like a small juice jar.
- With a hand milk frother whip until whipping cream is light and fluffy. It will double in size.
- Note: The limoncello is plenty sweet, so I don’t always add additional sugar to the homemade whipped cream. I do like to include a 1/8th teaspoon of vanilla extract to whipped cream.
Ingredients For Limoncello Martini With Vodka
For the classic martini you only need two ingredients; gin and dry vermouth.
However, vodka is often used in place of gin. For this creamy martini version you will need the following ingredients:
- Heavy cream
- Whipped cream
- Lemon slices and graham cracker crumbs (optional)
Helpful Bar Tools
- Martini shaker
- Martini glass
Steps To Make A Creamy Martini
All you need to to is prep you glass. If you are adding graham cracker crumbs rim the glass with lemon juice before dipping in the crumbs.
Next, add and shake remaining ingredients in an cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds before pouring into prepared glass.
Can I Make This Cocktail In Advance?
My recommendation is to mix and enjoy right away. You will lose the creaminess if you let this cocktail sit for more that 20 minutes.
Plus, it’s always fun to shake all the ingredients and pour into the glass.
If you plan to serve this cocktail for a crowd, then I would recommend having several cocktail shakers available.
The more shakers, the faster you can enjoy this limoncello martini!
Love Lemon Cocktails?
Try this Spiked Lemonade Recipe!
- 2 ounce limoncello, purchased or homemade
- 1 ounce vodka
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon Cool Whip, purchased or homemade whipped cream
- Graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Prepare the martini glass by tracing a wedge of lemon around the rim of the glass. Dip edge of glass into graham crumbs.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Pour in limoncello, vodka, heavy cream, and Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream).
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds before straining into prepared martini glass.
- Top with a slice of lemon.
Find directions on how to make limoncello here.
Macro nutrients are calculated through VeryWellFit recipe analyzer with sugar free ingredients.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 167gCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: .6g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR COCKTAIL AND PARTY BOARDS