This Easy Healthy Scrambled Eggs recipe is a quick, healthy breakfast that’s packed with protein. Not only is it a great way to start your morning off right, but it also makes an ideal mid-day meal or snack. Eggs are low in calories, carbohydrates making it one of the best foods when following a low carb or keto diet.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This easy scrambled eggs recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
- It’s also loaded with protein, which will help you stay full longer and sustain your energy levels throughout the day.
- Plus, as WebMd noted, eggs are nutritious. It’s a great way to get some healthy fats, vitamins and minerals into your diet.
- Eggs are the ultimate low carb and keto friendly dish you can add to your meal plan.
- These fluffy scrambled eggs are great when used in a breakfast burrito.
If you love healthy breakfast recipes you may also enjoy this Cheesy Breakfast Sausage Casserole recipe.
You only need a few pieces of kitchen tools to help you make this easy recipe. You should already have these tools in your kitchen which can save you a trip to the store.
- small mixing bowl
- nonstick skillet
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy meal. And, you most likely already have these items on hand, however if not they are all easy to pick up with a quick run to your local grocery store. You can whip up a quick batch of these healthy scrambled eggs anytime that you need a simple meal.
- large eggs – Did you know that certified humane pasture-raised eggs are hens that are able to roam freely during the day are the most nutritious eggs? These hens get more sunshine, so their eggs have more vitamin D, produce more omega 3, and vitamin E than hens that are raised on traditional feed.
- milk – this helps fluff the eggs. Cream can be used as well.
- Pinch of salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY HEALTHY SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE
Making these scrambled eggs is so easy. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a tasty meal or main course that you can enjoy for breakfast or anytime of the day.
STEP 1: WHISK TOGETHER THE INGREDIENTS
Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until combined.
STEP 2: COOK THE EGGS AND BUTTER
Heat butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes without moving them around. If you don’t have a nonstick skillet be sure to spray your skillet with cooking spray first.
STEP 3: FOLD THE EGGS
Lift the edges of the eggs with a rubber spatula and fold over onto the center of the eggs to form soft curds.
STEP 4: REDUCE THE HEAT
Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking and folding, do not stir.
STEP 5: SERVE AND ENJOY
Remove pan from the stove when cooked to the doneness you like and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
WHAT TO SERVE
Scrambled eggs are a versatile dish that can be served as breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Here are a few of my favorite recipes to enjoy with these fluffy eggs.
- French Toast and Fresh Fruit Kabobs
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Nut Butter Banana Muffins
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Strawberry Freezer Jam
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
This basic recipe can be adapted to suit your individual tastes and dietary needs. Here are some ideas for substitutions and additions:
- Substitute the milk with almond milk or coconut milk for a dairy-free version.
- Add in mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes, or any other vegetables you have on hand
- You could also add leafy greens like baby spinach, kale, or swiss chard.
- Top with cheese such as cheddar, Monterey jack, goat cheese, or parmesan
- Replace the butter with olive oil for an even healthier option.
- Add in some cooked bacon, sausage, turkey sausage, ham, or crumbled tempeh for extra protein.
- Top with diced avocado for added creaminess and flavor.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs such as fresh basil, chives, parsley, cilantro, thyme or even a little sprinkle of green onions.
- Add a touch of heat by adding a dash of crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, or hot sauce.
HOW TO STORE
Leftover scrambled eggs can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the eggs in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through. You can also reheat them over the stovetop in a skillet with a little oil or butter.
Do you have questions about this healthy scrambled eggs recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
Milk helps to create a creamy and fluffy texture for the scrambled eggs.
The best way to cook scrambled eggs is over low-medium heat. I never recommend using a heat higher than medium heat.
Some restaurants add pancake batter or baking powder to their eggs to make them extra fluffy.
OTHER DELICIOUS EGG RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Huevos Rancheros
- Eggs in a Nest
- Bacon and Egg Muffins
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Egg Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs
- How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs on the Stove
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk or cream
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Additional toppings (optional) - chives, cilantro, onions, parsley, everything bagel seasoning, pepper flakes
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Add the butter in a large 10" non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat until melted.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes without moving disturbing the egg mix.
- Lift the edges of the eggs with a rubber spatula and fold over onto the center of the eggs to form soft curds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking and folding, do not stir.
- Remove pan from the stove when cooked to the doneness you like and season with additional salt and pepper or any other toppings if desired.
You can double the ingredients to serve 4. Use a extra large 12" non-stick skillet to cook the eggs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 296mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 1.6gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 17g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.