This Copycat Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino Recipe is a delicious way to turn your favorite coffee shop sweet treat and into an easy drink you can make at home. All you need are simple ingredients; espresso, milk, ice, Oreo cookies, and chocolate syrup, plus a few basic tools. With a little time and effort you will be on your way to create this decadent homemade version of the classic frappuccino.
Why You’ll This Recipe
- It’s easy to recreate this popular treat right at home for the fraction of the cost from a coffee shop.
- You just need a few ingredients and some basic tools like an espresso machine, moka pot, or even just instant coffee.
- This recipe gives you the same delicious taste as the real thing with waiting in line and paying the price for this recipe.
If you love frappes at home, you may also enjoy this Dulce de Leche Coffee Frappe recipe.
This homemade version of this popular drink only requires a few simple kitchen tools here is what you need to make this tasty drink.
- French press, espresso machine or coffee maker
You only need a few basic ingredients to help you make this delicious frappuccino recipe. Gather these ingredients and get ready to enjoy this delicious drink at home.
- Espresso roast or strong coffee
- Dark chocolate sauce or syrup
- Chocolate oreo cookies
- Xanthan gum (optional thickener)
- Whipped cream (optional)
How to Make This Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
Making this cookie crumble frappuccino is so simple. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have a delicious frappuccino ready to enjoy in no time.
Step 1: Make the espresso or coffee
Prepare espresso or strong coffee. Learn how to use a french press in this Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso recipe.
Step 2: Crush up the cookies
Break cookies into pieces.
Step 3: Add ingredients to a blender
Place ice, milk, espresso, chocolate sauce, and cookies in a blender.
Step 4: Blend until smooth
Pulse blender until ingredients are smooth.
Step 5: Add xantham gum if desired
If using xanthan gum open blender top and sprinkle over the surface of the Frappuccino. Blend until xanthan gum incorporates in the drink.
Step 6: Garnish with whipped cream, and cookies crumbs
Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cookie crumbs.
What To Serve With This Dish
Want a snack to go with this tasty mocha cookie crumble frappuccino? Give these recipes a try:
- Instant Pot Egg Bites – These are a copycat Starbucks sous vide recipe.
- Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars – These tart and sweet bars are seasonal at the coffee shop, but you can make them all year long.
- Keto Lemon Pound Cake – You’ll love the punch of lemon in this grain-free and sugar free pound cake topped with lemon icing.
Substitutions and Additions
Here are a few ways that you can add more flavor to this tasty copycat recipe.
- If you want to save time and not make your own dark chocolate sauce, you can pick up some mocha syrup at your local store.
- I like to use whole milk for the best flavor in coffee drinks, however you could also coconut milk, soy milk, or almond milk to make this recipe.
- For an extra boost of sweetness, try adding some White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino syrup or French Vanilla to the blender.
- Additionally, a sprinkle of some cocoa powder will enhance the chocolate flavor.
- For those looking for an even stronger coffee experience, you can use cold brew coffee in place of regular brewed.
How To Store
This drink is best enjoyed right away. However, if you do have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to two days. When ready to enjoy again, just give it a good stir or pop it back into the blender before serving.
Sandra’s Pro Tips
Here are a few tips that you can use to make sure that this drink turns out perfectly for you.
- Want strong coffee flavors? Freeze some leftover coffee in ice cube trays and then use the coffee ice cubes as the ice in this recipe.
- To lower the carbs use sugar free Oreos or off brand cookies(yes, the exist!), and sugar free chocolate sauce.
- For a vegan-friendly option, use your favorite nut milk instead of dairy milk.
- If you want to make an even more decadent treat, drizzle a bit of chocolate sauce on the edges of the cup.
- You could also add some chocolate chips to the blender if you want even more chocolatey goodness.
Do you have questions simple recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
The Starbucks version of this drink contains coffee, mocha sauce, chocolate chip, milk, ice, whipped cream, mocha drizzle, and chocolate cookie crumble.
Yes this drink does in fact contain coffee.
This drink has a rich and creamy texture with an intense coffee flavor. The added chocolate chips and cookie crumble give it an extra boost of sweetness.
Other Delicious Coffee Recipes You May Enjoy
- Copycat Starbucks Skinny Mocha – This beverage is sweetened with stevia!
- Copycat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha – Rich and delicious! Serve hot or over ice.
- Lavender Latte – You’ll love the light floral notes in this latte. Enjoy hot or iced.
- White Hot Chocolate – Sweet and smooth cocoa made with just 3 ingredients!
Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino Recipe
Delicious Copycat Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino with Oreo cookies, milk, chocolate sauce and espresso. Top with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.
- 2 ounce espresso roast or strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate sauce or syrup
- 4 chocolate Oreo cookies, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional thickener)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Brew espresso or prepare strong brewed coffee.
- Break cookies into small pieces.
- Place ice, milk, Oreo cookies, chocolate sauce and espresso in a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- If using xanthan gum open blender top and sprinkle over the surface of the blended frappuccino. Blend until xanthan gum incorporates in the drink.
- Serve plain or top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 16 ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420
Leave a Reply