Sweet, spicy Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa with grilled pineapple, diced onions, jalapenos, and cilantro mixed with fresh lime juice. A tasty way to turn a simple meal to a gourmet style dish. Serve with seafood, beef, pork, chicken or enjoy with baked tortilla chips.
Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Looking for a way to add some umph to your meals? A little pineapple salsa is an easy way to ramp up the flavors to an ordinary dish like Hawaiian pulled pork.
I hope that after I showed you how to cut a pineapple you have been grabbing those fresh pineapples every chance you get.
If not, go get one, pronto! You are going to enjoy having this jalapeno pineapple salsa recipe at your fingertips. Not only is this salsa delicious, it’s also super simple to make.
For this recipe I grill the pineapple like I did when I made these grilled peaches. When you grill fruit the natural sugars caramelize amplifying the rich flavor without adding any sugar.
A little sweetness from the pineapple tames the spice from the jalapeños. Although the duo may seem like an odd match, they are great tasting together.
All the ingredients for this jalapeno pineapple salsa are fresh, so you may need to take a trip to your produce stand. Gather the following:
- Fresh pineapple – I highly recommend making this salsa with a fresh pineapple. However, you can still grill canned pineapple slices, but they will be more fragile without the rind, so you will want to cut down on the cooking time so they don’t fall apart in the grill.
- Red onion
There are no special kitchen tools needed. In fact, if you don’t have an outdoor grill, a pan grill for the stove will give you the same results as cooking outdoors.
How to make Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa
First, you are going to slice and dice the cilantro, red onion, jalapenos. Put those aside while you grill the pineapple.
How to grill pineapple
To grill the pineapple, I recommend slicing the pineapple in 3/4-inch slices. You have the option to cut off the rind first, like I did in this post, but I find that it’s easier to handle the pineapple with the rind on when grilling.
Heat the grill on high heat. Lightly grease the grate of the grill and place the pineapple on the grill. Let it sit undisturbed for 3-5 minutes before flipping to the other side.
Place on a cutting board and slice each slice in half. With a sharp knife cut around the rind. Dice into chunks and let cool completely before adding to the other ingredients.
Mix ingredients together and season with salt, lime zest and juice.
What to serve with pineapple salsa
Grab a fork and enjoy this just as it is or how about adding this salsa to these recipes:
- Shredded Beef – This is made in an Instant Pot with Latin spices. Comes together quick just like this salsa.
- Smoked Pork Loin – Marinate for several hours for the best tasting pork loin. Slice and top with jalapeno pineapple salsa.
- Fish Tacos – Pan grilled cod fish with a scoop of fresh salsa is a meal game changer and so simple to make.
- Shredded BBQ Chicken – Feeding a crowd? This is slow cooked and feeds a lot of hungry bellies. Keep this in mind when entertaining.
More fresh salsa recipe you might like
When you start making your own fresh salsa, you won’t eat any other way. Try these recipes too!
Mango pico de gallo is a classic pico de gallo with tomatoes added with mango. Fruit Salsa served with cinnamon chips is always a crowd pleaser. Tomatillo Salsa Verde is a blended salsa that also makes a great sauce for Mexican dishes.
- 1 pineapple, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced or diced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat grill to high heat. Lightly grease grate grids with oil.
- Grill the pineapple for 5-7 minutes per side until nice char lines form. Remove from grill and cut into small bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pineapple, red onion, jalapenos (I dice one and slice the other), cilantro, lime zest and juice, and sea salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR FALL, LOW CARB AND KETO RECIPE BOARDS