Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are easy to make and are a great treat to mail to college students.
Sam’s first year of college and final week of tests are coming to an end, AND then it’s SUMMER!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
It may not feel like it, but Summer’s Comin’
Nothin’ on earth that’ll get me hummin’
Like a heat wave comin’, I’ll come runnin’
With her makin’ that tan in the broad daylight
And every night is a Saturday night 🙂
Clint Black sings it and I believe he’s right, Summer’s Comin’!
Peanut butter cookie bars
Chocolate and peanut butter. They are mean’t to be together, you know that. I’ve paired them up before; Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, chocolate peanut butter eggs, a late night snack of a spoonful of peanut butter topped with a few chocolate chips – uhh, yes, please and thank you!
This recipe is a basic cookie base laced with peanut butter, peanut butter chips for extra deliciousness, and swirled with some melted semi-sweet chocolate. I know, crazy good.
I hope the extra sugar in these peanut butter chocolate bars gives my son an extra hour or two of brain power while studying, but go and make a batch of these bars and send them to someone special for no reason at all!
What is your summer schedule like? I’m looking forward to evening barbecues and beach bonfires!
You better start making plans, cause Summer’s Comin’ !!
Interested in more peanut butter recipes? Try these Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies from Epicurious.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, solftened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 oz) peanut butter chips (Reese's)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted (microwave until smooth. approximately a minute). Cool chocolate.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in a large mixing bow. Add sugars, beating well. Add eggs one at a time until blended together. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Spread half of the batter on the bottom of the pan, spoon melted chocolate over the first layer of batter. Top with the remaining batter, carefully spreading it over the chocolate layer. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Cool and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.