Simple patriotic strawberries dipped in white chocolate and dipped in sugar sprinkles. These red, white and blue chocolate covered strawberries are a delicious easy treat for any time, but are so fun to make for an American themed gathering.
I have at least four different recipes to share with you. They are all in various stages (partial write-up, photo editing, recipe re-testing).
But I keep seeing photos of these chocolate covered strawberries all over the internet, and since this is a holiday weekend for us these were bumped up the to do list!
Patriotic Chocolate Covered Strawberries is like a craft with eatable results!
If you are good with visual directions, just follow the photo below:
How To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
First, rinse strawberries under cool water. Gently dry with a paper towel or clean dish towel.
Melt chocolate in a microwave on low setting for 30 second increments until nice and smooth. Chocolate can also be melted over a double boiler.
Dip each strawberry in the melted chocolate, then dip in sprinkles for the red, white and blue patriotic color scheme.
Place on a wax paper or parchment lined baking sheet and let set before enjoying.
This is a great “cooking” opportunity to share with little ones.
Let them get their fingers all blue and sugary sticky!
Make sure your gas BBQ’s have enough propane in them if you are grilling this weekend, and whip up these Patriotic Chocolate Dipped Strawberries!
Have a great weekend!!
Be sure to join me at Facebook, The Foodie Affair!
Patriotic Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 12 oz. Wilton White Candy Melts or White Chocolate
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries about 12 large strawberries
- Blue Sugar Crystals
- Skewers for dipping optional
- Wash and throughly dry the strawberries.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power for about 1 minutes.
- Stir chocolate, and repeat every 20 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip strawberry in the melted chocolate, then sprinkle on the blue crystals.
- Set on a piece of parchment or waxed paper and let harden. Enjoy right away.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.