This Breakfast Parfait recipe is perfect for busy mornings when you need a quick, healthy, and delicious breakfast option. It’s packed with protein and fiber to fuel your day and keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This is a great grab-n-go breakfast to help you get out of your breakfast rut.
- You only need simple ingredients to help you make this healthy breakfast option so you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money at the store.
- These creamy yogurt parfaits are a filling breakfast so you don’t have to worry about getting hungry and needing a snack in a couple hours.
- The yogurt can be swapped to your favorite brand and flavor including vegan or fat-free.
- These parfaits are an easy make-ahead healthy brunch idea for a crowd.
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so why not start your day off with these yogurt breakfast parfaits? Not only is this simple recipe filling but it’s also great for Sunday meal prep so you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of time in the kitchen on Monday morning when you are in a hurry to get out the door.
Not only are these yogurt parfait cups easy to make, but you also only need a handful of ingredients which means that you may not even need to take a trip to the grocery store to make this tasty recipe.
- vanilla Greek yogurt – Add vanilla extract if you are using plain Greek yogurt.
- fresh strawberries – diced or sliced
- fresh blueberries
- prepared granola – Store-bought or homemade granola without nuts or this granola with nuts.
How to Make This Breakfast Parfait Recipe
Making this breakfast recipe is so simple. Just follow these step-by-step instructions or check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post and you will have a healthy breakfast to start your day off right when you follow these simple steps.
Step 1: Start being the layers of yogurt
Clean and dry six 8-ounce mason jars or parfait glasses with lids. Then, place a layer of granola in the bottom of each container.
Step 2: Top with granola and berries
Top the granola with about ¼ cup of yogurt. Add the mixed berries over the yogurt (1-2 tablespoons).
Step 3: Finish the layers
Repeat the layers one time and top each jar with a sprinkle of granola. Seal each jar with the lid and refrigerate.
Substitutions and Additions
Here are a few tried and true substitutions that you can use to help you make this delicious recipe suit your taste buds.
- For some rich chocolate flavor, try adding a sprinkle of chocolate chips between the yogurt layers.
- Are you out of vanilla yogurt and don’t want to make a special trip to the store? Use plain yogurt or dairy-free alternatives like almond milk as the base of your parfait instead.
- For some added sweetness you can add a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, or allulose on top of the yogurt. I highly recommend this tip if you are using plain Greek yogurt.
- Feel free to use your favorite fresh fruit or fresh berries to personalize your parfaits.
- Add a little more crunchy topping on your parfaits by topping them with a sprinkle of chia seeds, flax, or hemp seeds.
- There are so many other additional items that you can add such as coconut flakes or even your favorite nuts to this delicious meal.
- Want to add some healthy fats? Mix some homemade peanut butter or almond butter into your yogurt before you start to layer your healthy yogurt parfaits.
If you don’t have small mason jars on hand, you can use any small airtight container that has a tight-fitting lid for this easy breakfast recipe. Store them in the fridge for up to 5 days with the lid tightly sealed.
Serve Breakfast Parfaits With
This is my favorite breakfast on busy days because I don’t have to worry about serving it with anything else. However, if you want to pair it with some additional protein you can serve them with the Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs or even this Cheddar Egg Casserole recipe.
Sandra’s Pro Tips
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that these breakfast parfaits turn out perfectly when you make them.
- Skip the store-bought yogurt and make Homemade Yogurt in your Instant Pot.
- Make sure to use fresh, ripe berries for the best flavor. If you’re using frozen berries, make sure to thaw them completely before assembling the parfaits.
- If you want to add some crunch and texture to your parfaits, try adding some chopped nuts or seeds on top before serving. You can also sprinkle some granola over the yogurt layer for an extra boost of fiber and protein.
- To keep your parfaits looking beautiful, don’t mix all the layers when storing them. This will help prevent any potential sogginess from the fruit juices mixing with the yogurt.
Do you have questions about this Greek yogurt parfait recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
Yogurt is just a creamy dairy product that is layered into parfaits that are filled with fruit and granola.
Greek yogurt is typically thicker and has a higher protein content compared to regular yogurt.
Absolutely! This recipe calls for berries, but you can use any type of fruit that you prefer. Some delicious options include diced mango, sliced peaches, or even roasted apples.
More Quick Breakfast Ideas That You May Enjoy:
Homemade Breakfast Parfait Recipe with Homemade Granola
- Mason jar or parfait glasses
- 32 ounce Greek yogurt vanilla
- ½ lb strawberries sliced or diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups prepared granola
- Wash and dry six 8-ounce Mason jars with lids. Mason jelly jars are perfect for these parfaits.
- Place a layer of granola in the bottom of each jar (about 2 tablespoons).
- Top the granola with about ¼ cup of yogurt.
- Add mixed berries over the yogurt (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- Repeat the layers one time and top each jar with a sprinkle of granola.
- Cover each jar with the lid or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.