This curried chicken salad is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken. It’s packed with flavor combining a few simple spices; curry, Greek yogurt, nuts, and fruit. This salad takes just minutes to put together. Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of fruit. If you are looking for a simple lunch or dinner idea then this is the recipe for you.
Love the flavor of curry? Be sure to try this Air Fryer Curry Chicken Recipe too!
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Do you love chicken salad? I know I do. There’s something about the mix of juicy chicken, sweet grapes, and flavorful curry that just hits the spot. This chicken salad recipe is a light and healthy curried chicken salad recipe. It still has all the flavor you love, but without all the guilt!
- This chicken salad recipe is packed with flavor and quick and easy to make.
- You can also turn this salad into a curry chicken sandwich.
- If you are looking for a great lunch or dinner recipe then this is the recipe for you.
- It is also a good way to use up leftover chicken. Have you tried this Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe?
- This recipe is also great for meal prep when you need an easy lunch on busy work days.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this fresh chicken salad recipe.
- large bowl
- measuring cup and spoon
You only need a handful of ingredients to help you make this tangy chicken salad recipe. After one quick trip to your local grocery store, you will be ready to make this homemade chicken salad. This easy lunch recipe will be a huge success for your entire family.
- chicken breasts, cooked and diced. You’ll want about 3 cups of diced chicken. A pre-cooked rotisserie chicken can be used in this recipe.
- Greek yogurt
- honey mustard – to make your own combine 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar together.
- curry – make this easy Curry Powder Recipe
- grapes – green or red, seedless
- crisp celery
- kosher salt and black pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
Making this curried chicken salad is simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will have an easy meal that your whole family will enjoy in no time at all. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to savory this delicious recipe.
STEP 1: MAKE THE DRESSING
Combine yogurt, honey mustard, and curry powder in a large bowl.
STEP 2: MIX IN THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS
Add diced chicken, celery, grapes, and cashews; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
STEP 3: SERVE
Add the chicken mixture over lettuce or serve in a pita bread.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN SALAD
This curried chicken salad is delicious on its own. However, if you are looking for something to serve alongside your chicken salad then I suggest these sides:
- fruit salad
- green salad
- roasted vegetables
- fresh bread
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
There are a few ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own. I suggest these substitutions and additions:
- Mayonnaise: You can use creamy mayo in place of Greek yogurt. Sour cream is also another great substitution for yogurt in this classic recipe.
- Apples: You can also add diced apples in place or in addition to grapes. Apples pair well with tender chicken in this salad.
- Nuts: Mix it up to your preference. Sometimes I like to add slivered almonds or chopped walnuts for a little crunch.
- Chicken: Use up a leftover rotisserie chicken or bake your own chicken breasts to use in this recipe.
- Vegetables: You can also add in any of your favorite chopped vegetables, such as, green onions, or peppers. I love the texture of crunchy celery in this easy recipe.
- Low Carb Option: Are you on a low carb diet? Eat this on a lettuce wrap or serve a scoop of this salad on a big bed of salad greens.
- Flavor: Add more flavor to the creamy dressing by adding cayenne pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, lime juice, or even a splash of apple cider vinegar.
- Dried fruit: Instead of grapes add dried cranberries or you can add in 1/2 cup raisins or golden raisins instead.
HOW TO STORE CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD
Store leftover chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. I do not recommend freezing chicken salad as the yogurt will separate and it will be watery when thawed.
Making the perfect chicken salad is all about finding the right balance of flavors. I suggest these tips help you make the best chicken salad:
- Taste as you go: Be sure to taste your chicken salad as you are making it. This will help you adjust the flavors to your liking.
- Additions: Don’t be afraid to add in your favorite mix-ins. This is your chance to make the recipe your own.
- Dressing: The yogurt dressing in this recipe is light and flavorful. However, you can use mayonnaise in place of the yogurt if you prefer.
- Yogurt: I recommend using plain yogurt for this recipe. You don’t want to use flavored yogurt.
Do you have questions about this classic chicken salad recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this curried chicken salad recipe.
This chicken salad has a tangy flavor with a slight curry taste. The pears and cranberries add sweetness to the salad while the curry powder gives it a slight kick.
Yes, you can use any cooked and diced meat in this recipe. Turkey, shrimp, or tofu would all be great in this recipe.
I do not recommend freezing chicken salad as the yogurt will separate and it will be watery when thawed.
OTHER DELICIOUS SALAD RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup grapes sliced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, honey mustard, and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced chicken, grapes, celery, and cashews; fold ingredients together until well coated.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.