Greek style cauliflower rice salad, a combination of brussels sprouts, sliced bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh herbs, and a homemade dressing.
Top with feta cheese for a delicious punch of authentic Greek flavor.
Greek Cauliflower Rice Salad
We are officially in the fall season and although I’m ready to break out the sweaters and boots, our weather in CA is still summer-like.
We are still grilling hamburgers and can wear open-toes shoes. In fact, I’m wearing a tank top right now!
Not only am I enjoying the sunshine, but my little garden of tomatoes are pretty darn happy too.
Lucky me! My tomato plants are flourishing with beautiful ripe cherry tomatoes. Growing like crazy.
So darn happy about that!
I just might be turning my black thumb to green! I have given tons tomatoes away to neighbors and our kids.
Fall Blog Hop
This Greek style cauliflower rice salad is filled with lots of fresh vegetables, including Brussels sprouts adding a hearty chewy texture that pairs nicely with any main meal.
Perfect for the holiday season when you want a lighter side dish that is healthy, nutritious, and doesn’t require any oven space.
An Affair From The Heart
I picked this recipe to share with you for the Fall Freaky Friday Blog Hop.
This online event is a fun way to share new recipes that I know you’ll love from some of my friends that also have food blogs.
I FINALLY get to share with you a recipe from the hostess of this event, Michaela from An Affair From The Heart blog.
Michaela assigns each of us a blog in secret and we poke around to find a recipe that we think you’ll enjoy too.
TODAY I get to share this cauliflower rice recipe that I found on her blog. You’re going to love it!
Family Favorite Recipes
It is never easy picking just one recipe. In fact, I made several of Michaela’s recipes that I’ll share with you in a moment.
Michaela is a mother of 4, which includes twins! Plus, fur babies and the love of her life of 29 years, Brian who gets to taste test all her recipes.
Take a peek at Michaela’s beautiful family on her About Me page.
You will find a little bit of everything on her site; appetizers for game day (she’s a Nebraska Cornhuskers fan) healthy dishes like this cauliflower rice salad to decadent chocolate macaroon tunnel cake.
Do yourself a favor and grab a cup of coffee and head over to An Affair From The Heart. I know you are going to be bookmarking several recipes to try.
How To Make Greek Style Cauliflower Rice Salad
Michaela is a brand ambassador with Paisley Farm Foods, creating some amazing recipes with their products.
I kept gravitating to the dishes with Brussels sprouts like this Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip, which I made and is delish!
Paisley Farm Foods isn’t stocked at my grocery store, which is why I made my own Pickled Brussels Sprouts to make this cauliflower rice salad.
So you have an option, pick up picked Brussels sprouts prepared or make them yourself!
The same goes for rice cauliflower. Buy it prepared or make your own by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor.
First you will clean and cut the vegetables used in this salad.
Place them in a large bowl while preparing the salad dressing.
Homemade Greek Vinaigrette
The dressing for this cauliflower rice salad is made with fresh herbs adding lots of flavor.
I added a couple of tablespoons of red wine vinegar, which you can see gives the dressing a tint of color.
If you don’t have fresh herbs, then substitute for the dried version, but note that dried is more potent and concentrated than fresh you will need to use less.
When using dried herbs, start will a little and add more to your preference as needed.
Toss cauliflower rice salad with Greek vinaigrette
This salad is best when the dressing is added just before serving.
Greek Style Cauliflower Rice Salad
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
- 2 cups sliced mini cucumbers about 5
- 20 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup orange bell peppers sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup pickled Brussels sprouts sliced in half
- Feta cheese crumbled
- GREEK VINAIGRETTE
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare cauliflower rice by placing florets in food processor. Pulse.
- Slice cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, and parsley. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Chop oregano, thyme, dill, and garlic.
- Place lemon juice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar in a salad dressing bottle.
- Add herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Shake to mix ingredients.
- Chill until ready to serve salad
- Toss all vegetables together and pour dressing over ingredients. Top with feta cheese.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Take a look at all of our 2020 Freaky Friday Fall Edition Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Soup
- An Affair from the Heart – Honey Corn Bread
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Devour Dinner – Instant Pot French Onion Meatballs
- House of Nash Eats – Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Lemoine Family Kitchen – Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- Life Currents – Cheesy Shrimp Dip
- Life, Love & Good Food – Lemon Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Or Whatever You Do – Traeger Grilled Parmesan Halibut
- Sugar Dish Me – Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Take Two Tapas – Pork Tenderloin Sliders
- The Foodie Affair – Easy Greek Style Cauliflower Rice Salad
- The Speckled Palate – Upside Down Cranberry Cake
- West Via Midwest – Hawaiian Pulled Pork (Kalua Pork Recipe)
PIN TO YOUR SIDE DISH, SALAD, AND LOW CARB BOARDS