Baked apples with a mix of pecans and cranberries topped with fresh whipped cream. Make this dessert for two or double and serve at your next dinner party.
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar*
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh orange juice
- Whipped cream or Ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet or pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together pecans, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour butter on ingredients and mix well.
- Slice top of the apples and core the middle removing the seeds. Drizzle the juice from ½ of a lemon over the flesh of the apple. Pack the center of the apples with the nut/cranberry mix. Slice the orange in quarters and drizzle the juice of one ¼ of the orange over the stuffed apple. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and serve with whipped or ice cream.
*for a sugar free option replace brown sugar with monk fruit or Swerve brown sugar.
Loading nutrition data...