Low Carb Cheesecake Brownies are a delicious guiltless treat! These gluten free and low sugar brownies are two favorite desserts combined into one tasty dessert!
It’s been awhile since I shared a dessert, so let’s make up for lost time and indulge ourselves with a creamy cheesecake filling AND chocolatey brownie! Hello little joy, joy bites of heaven!
Not only are these brownies delicious, but they are made with some surprising ingredients that helps keep these low carb and low sugar treats!
If you have access to one of those apps that compare all the ingredients I would love to know exactly how many carbs each piece has, so let me know what you learn!
In the meantime, I’m estimating that each piece will have about 6 carbs! That’s pretty low for a dessert considering a banana has about 25 carbs!
Now, I’m not trying to convince you to eat Low Carb Cheesecake Brownies over bananas because there are a host of other good for you nutrients that are packed in bananas! Plus, there are still calories (darn!) in these brownies that probably outweigh a banana!
What you won’t find is any wheat in this dessert. This recipe is made with almond and coconut flour, which is excellent for low carb baking! I also used Truvia in the brownie batter for the sweetener.
This is the first time trying a baking blend made with erythritol, stevia (which has little to no effect on blood sugar levels), and sugar. No icky after taste which just might convince me to use sugar alternatives more often!
Alter enjoying a luscious brownie I was planning on bringing the rest to work, but Sam said these are a perfect midnight snack and he called dibs on the rest!
If you would like a traditional brownie try this Peanut Brownies Just Because recipe. Chocolate and peanut butter are amazing together!
Low Carb Cheesecake Brownies
- 2 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cheesecake filling
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese (light is ok)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees. Grease or line a 8" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave (or double boiler) in 20 second increments, and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar (Truvia) together. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts. Stir in the chocolate.
- In a small separate bowl whisk together almond and coconut flours with baking powder and salt. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Reserve one cup of the batter. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared baking dish (batter will be thick and you may need to wet the back of a spoon or your fingers with water to spread the batter evenly).
- Beat together in a small bowl the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread on top on the brownie mix and then spoon the last cup of brownie batter over the filling. Cut through the batter with a knife and make swirls.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until filling is set and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the brownies. Cool. and refrigerate before cutting.