This Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza is made with a ricotta cheese cookie base, a layer of cream cheese & caramel topping, and fresh sliced apples and pecans!
Sunday Super Movement is a virtual blogger’s progressive dinner party encouraging families to gather around the table and connect though food and conversation.
Sounds like a great Sunday evening don’t you think? Especially when there is dessert pizza involved!
Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza – Gather around and grab a piece!
Pizza is a dish meant to be shared with a crowd, and this Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza is no exception! Just like a traditional savory pepperoni pizza this sweet treat is meant to be sliced up and shared with friends and family.
All the ingredients used in this recipe are from scratch: cookie crust, pizza cream cheese sauce, and the caramel. Don’t let the list of ingredients scare you off from making this. With a little planning it comes together easily.
Plus, look at all these AMAZING flavors together! It’s scrumptious!
Let’s get started with some tips!
First, be sure to mix the cookie pizza crust in advance because when the dough is nice and cold it will roll effortlessly when shaping it.
The pizza crust is adapted from these Ricotta Cheese Holiday Cookies with a slight modification. There is only one teaspoon of baking powder in this version since the crust shouldn’t be pillowy like cookies.
I’m so pleased with results of the base of this pizza! The dough makes marvelous cookies and do I dare say an even better crust?!
Similarly to the crust, the caramel sauce should be made in advance as well. The sauce needs a little time to thicken and cool before adding it to the pizza.
Once all the ingredients are set and you’ve baked the crust you are ready to add the layers! Can you believe that all those apple slices are from just two apples?
This Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza came out better than I anticipated and I’m anxious to make it again! Who’s having a pizza party? I have dessert covered!
Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza #SundaySupper
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced andtreated to prevent browning
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Pizza Cookie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Caramel Topping
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Pizza Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pizza Cookie Crust
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- At medium speed, beat in egg, ricotta cheese, vanilla until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, beat until dough forms. Chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Roll or shape dough with your fingers (use parchment paper over dough to prevent it from sticking) in to a 16 inch pizza shape. Bake for 20 minutes or until dough is set. Let cool completely.
- Caramel Topping
- In a small sauce pan add the brown sugar, whipping cream, putter and salt. Cook over medium low heat. Whisk while cooking for 5-7 minutes or until it thickens. Add the vanilla and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Pour into a jar and refrigerate.
- Cream Cheese Pizza Sauce
- Combine cream cheese ½ cup of prepared caramel sauce. Mix thoroughly and add apple pie spice mix.
- Add cream cheese over cookie pizza crust. Layer prepared apple slices on top. Drizzle with ½ cup caramel sauce. Top with pecans. Enjoy!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.