Cream cheese ball mixed with a combination of apple pie spices, sweetener, and then topped with pumpkin cookie crumbs and pecans! Add this dessert to your next gathering and watch it disappear!
Apple Spice Cream Cheese Ball Recipe
All right guys, I’m hitting the season off with a delicious no-fuss sweet appetizer or dessert! This is a great addition to your fall gatherings, especially when you want something quick without turning on the oven.
I taste tested this recipe at two different events; happy hour with a group of ladies and a 30th birthday celebration. Both times I pleasantly heard similar comments, “YUM, what is in that?!” and “Mmmm, that’s delicious!“
A scrumptious hit, indeed! Did you note that this is a no-bake recipe? WIN!
Vortman Bakery Cookies
For this recipe I used Vortman’s limited edition fall collection of cookies. The pumpkin spice cookies are mixed with pecans to form the outside topping as well as served on the side.
The new pumpkin spice wafers and apple spice wafers were on the side with sliced apples. Such a perfect base to add a layer of apple spice cream cheese.
If you remember from the eclair dessert that I made a few months ago, I mentioned that one of the things that I love about Vortman’s cookies is that they bake with real quality ingredients!
No fake stuff in these cookies, which is probably why so many people enjoyed this recipe!
How to make a cheese ball
Ready to make this dessert cheese ball? First (1), start with your butter and cream cheese at room temperature. I like to leave them on my kitchen counter for at least 30 minutes before the mix up the ingredients.
After incorporating all the ingredients (except for the topping), place all of the mix on a large sheet of plastic wrap (2) and gently form a ball into the shape of a large grapefruit.
Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour (you can also freeze it).
In the meantime, mix up the topping ingredients (3) and place them on a flat work surface.
Unwrap the cheese ball and place it on the toppings. Gently spoon & then press with your hands the ingredients over the ball covering it completely (4).
Enjoy at your next gathering!
There you go! Now you have a tasty dessert to bring to your next party!
Note that the topping is more than enough for this recipe. I left the extra on the serving plate so that all those goodies can be scooped up.
For more no-bake desserts ideas, check out these recipes!
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Cherry Pretzel Salad Dip
- No Bake Take 5 Apple Pie
- Eggnog Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Apple Spice Cream Cheese Ball
- Cheese Ball
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar*
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin spice cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- In a medium bowl blend with a hand mixer cream cheese, butter, apple spice, cinnamon, sugars*, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Place in plastic wrap and form a ball. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour (minimum).
- In the meantime, pulse pumpkin cookies (4-6) into crumbs. In a small bowl mix with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and chopped pecans.
- Place pecan mix on a platter and gently unwrap the cream cheese ball. Pat cream cheese ball with the pecan mix ensuring the outside is covered completely. Place on a serving dish with remaining crumbs.
- Serve with cookies and sliced apples.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.