Peanut Butter Drizzle, a glaze made with four ingredients is just the right amount of flavor to top on ice cream, pie, brownies, muffins or spread on toast. The options are endless! Get creative with this delicious topping.
Peanut Butter Drizzle Recipe
This four ingredient topping is going to wow your tastebuds! Simple to make and brings a dessert to a whole new delicious flavor.
Looking for a quick dessert idea? Grab a pre-made cake or brownies and top it with a drizzle of peanut butter sauce adding a delicious glaze for a homemade added touch. Shhhh, no one will know!
This is the drizzle added to my Keto Peanut Butter Pie. After making it, I added the remaining to a variety of desserts. Tastes so good by the spoonful too!
I sweetened this with a low carb sugar replacement, erythritol. However, you can also use a regular confectioners sweetener if you prefer.
This is a three ingredient recipe, four if you count vanilla extract. Gather the following:
- Peanut butter – natural creamy style. Look for two ingredients peanuts and salt. If natural oil pools on top when opening the jar stir to distribute the oil throughout the peanut butter.
- Confectioners style sweetener – I like to keep this sugar free. I used Swerve for this recipe.
- Milk – any variety will be fine in this recipe including half & half or almond milk. Use your favorite and start with 1/4 cup, then add more if you want a thinner drizzle.
- Vanilla extract – adds a hint of rich caramel flavor. Have you made your own yet? You should!
Want to add another layer of flavor? How about mixing in ground cinnamon or maple extract.
How to make peanut butter drizzle
Once you have stirred the peanut butter in the jar measure out 1/2 cup and place in a large mixing bowl.
Sift the confectioners sweetener over the peanut butter and add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
For piping on muffins or pie, 1/4 cup of milk is the right consistency. Scoop into a homemade piping bag (plastic sandwich bag with the corner snipped), and drizzle over the top of your dessert.
To spread over cake or brownies like a glaze, you will want to add more milk. Add 1 tablespoon at a time to get the consistency you want.
How to store peanut butter drizzle
Keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator. The drizzle may harden in the refrigerator. Let it get to room temperature for 30 minutes before using. Add additional milk if needed to get the consistency you prefer.
This will stay fresh for about a week.
More recipes with peanut butter
Love peanut butter? Be sure to check out these recipes:
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies – a classic cookie without granulated sugar.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – blondie type bars with peanut butter and chunks of chocolate chips.
- Just Because Peanut Butter Brownies – a swirl of peanut butter is right in the middle of rich brownies.
- Peanut Butter Snowballs – don’t wait for the holiday season to make these creamy no bake snowballs. White chocolate dipped creamy centers are delicious all year long.
- Savory peanut sauce with these Chicken Skewers are always a hit.
Frequently asked questions
Peanuts are naturally gluten free. However, not all peanut butter brands will label their products as gluten free. Be sure to look at the ingredients ensuring no gluten is added, and the product was produced in a gluten free facility.
Simple add more liquid to the peanut butter and sweetener. Start with the recommended 1/4 cup of milk (of your choice), then add a tablespoon more at a time until you get the desired consistency.
Yes. This recipe is keto friendly when you use sugar free peanut butter, and a sugar alternative sweetener like erythritol.
- 1 cup sugar free confectioners sweetener, sifted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift sweetener over a large mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter and 1/4 cup of milk and mix well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 3gProtein: 8g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR SIDE DISH, APPETIZER AND SALSA BOARDS