One bowl Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies with only 4 ingredients are sure to please peanut butter lovers! Satisfy you sweet tooth without granulated sugar and enjoy these low carb cookies for an afternoon treat!
Table of Contents
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
What? Cookies that don’t send your glucose levels sky high? Yep! These babies are made with a combination of stevia and organic erythritol, which is a non-GMO sugar alcohol from fruits and vegetables.
Erythritol adds sweetness like sugar without causing a spike in blood sugar, plus there is almost zero calories in erythritol.
Erythritol used exclusively leaves a cool sensation in your mouth, which tastes a little off.
It’s hard to explain the flavor, but something doesn’t taste right to me when I use only erythritol in recipes.
In addition, stevia can taste bitter when used in recipes that require it to be baked.
For the best tasting cookies use a combination of erythritol and stevia to combat the harsh flavors that each can have when used alone.
Have you noticed all the varieties of sugar alternatives that are available in grocery stores? I’ve been experimenting with a lot of different brands. My favorite brands combine sugar alcohol and stevia just like I have.
The duo is the best tasting blend of low-carb sweetness for baking!
Sugar free and gluten free gives us LOW CARB peanut butter cookies!
Without the granulated sugar and flour you are left with a delicious low carb cookie! Traditional peanut butter cookies are about 17 carbs each. These babies are only 5 carbs each!
I also found a new brand called Sugar 2.0. Now this brand is a little different. Sugar 2.0 is a combination of real cane sugar and non-gmo soluble corn fiber.
The fiber helps lower the insulin spike, so for occasional treats this might be another option to use in baking!
This simple peanut butter cookie recipe is delicious just as written, but if you’re feeling adventurous test a combination of sweeteners!
I’m happy to be your test taster 🙂
More Sugar Free Cookie Recipes
Looking for more treats? Be sure to check out these cookies:
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Low Carb Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Chocolate Covered Cookies
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter no sugar added
- 1/4 cup sugar alternative erythritol-organic
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Monk Fruit optional to roll cookie dough in
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat with a mixer the peanut butter, erythritol, stevia and salt until the ingredients are incorporated. Blend in the egg and vanilla.
- Scoop small balls of the dough and roll into monk fruit (optional). Place on prepared cookie sheet and gently press with a fork and form a crisscross pattern. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Cool approximately 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Recipe modified from these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies.