Keto Peanut Butter Pie
Creamy no bake peanut butter pie made with fresh whipped cream. This sugar free delicious dessert is a low carb and keto friendly recipe using a pre-made nut crust adding a nice texture to every bite. Whip, assemble, and put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before enjoying.
Table of Contents
Peanut Butter Pie (No Bake Recipe)
It’s getting warmer and warmer outside so the more time I can stay out of a hot kitchen the better! This no bake pie is just the dessert you will love to serve at your next gathering. Light and airy pie is a perfect summer dessert.
No bake recipes are easy to make, and for this recipe we use a combination of ready made and fresh ingredients. The only other kitchen items that are necessary are mixing bowls and a hand mixer. If you have a whisk attachment be sure to use it for the whipped cream.
Although this recipe comes together pretty quick you will need to refrigerate the pie for several hours before serving it firm up and keep its shape.
Also note that if you want to make this pie completely from scratch, it’s easy to do. I’ve provided some homemade crust options below.
Ingredients you will need
You will need a handful of ingredients for this recipe a pre-made pie crust and the following:
- Peanut butter – creamy peanut butter with no added sugar or oil. Look for a brand with two ingredients; peanuts and salt. If there is natural peanut oil on top of the jar when you open it be sure you stir until thoroughly incorporated before using.
- Cream Cheese – At room temperature. I use full fat cream cheese. The cream cheese is also a stabilizer to the creamy filling.
- Sugar free sweetener – use your favorite confectioner’s style sweetener. My favorite is allulose and monk fruit. If you don’t have a confectioner type of sweetener you can blend granulated sweetener into a fine powder.
- Heavy whipping cream – adds a light texture to the pie filling, and adds a delicious layer on top of the pie.
- Vanilla extract is added to the whipped cream.
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Pie
For this recipe we use a pre-made crust. I like the nut crusts that have become popular. Although the graham cracker version is equally as good. If you prefer, you can make your own crust too.
Try one of these crust recipes:
- Chocolate Crust from this Keto Chocolate Cheesecake recipe
- Coconut Flour Pie Crust – keeps this dessert low carb and grain-free.
- Graham Cracker Crust from this Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- The crust from this Lemon Bars recipe is a mix of almond and coconut flour.
- Walnut Pie Crust – simple recipe that can be used for this recipe.
After you decide to make your own crust or use a pre-made one like I did, then your ready to start mixing up the filling.
First mix the cream cheese, peanut butter, and sweetener together and set aside.
Next, we want to make homemade whipped cream. Sure, it’s convenient to grab a purchased whipped topping at the store, but it’s not nearly as tasty! Also, it takes a couple of minutes to make this at home.
Fold in half of the whipped cream with the peanut butter pie filling.
Assemble the peanut butter pie
Now all that is left is to assemble the pie! Add the peanut butter pie filling to the pie crust and spread evenly. Finally top with the remaining whipped cream and add a simple garnish of chopped peanuts, chocolate and peanut butter drizzle.
To make a homemade peanut butter drizzle mix together 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar free confectioners sugar (powdered), and a 1/4 cup of milk. Place in a piping bag or sandwich bag and snip the tip off and squeeze over the pie to decorate.
Cool in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving. Although, I find that it’s best to keep this refrigerated overnight before cutting.
Although this pie is delicious just as it is topped with whipped cream, there are a variety of garnishes that you can add. To keep this pie keto, I make sure I use sugar free toppings like chocolate shavings, peanut butter drizzle and chopped peanuts.
Some additional toppings you might consider is caramel, ganache or marshmallows. Have more ideas? Let me know so I can add them here.
How to store cream pies?
Store cream in the refrigerator at a minimum of two hours before serving. Preferable overnight. Leftovers can be store uncovered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To freeze leftovers place the pie in the freezer for 30 minutes. This will flash freeze the pie so that it can be properly wrapped before placing in a freezer bag. After 30 minutes the whipped cream should be frozen.
Cover the pie with plastic warp and aluminum foil, then place in a freezer bag. Peanut butter pie can be frozen for up to 6 month, but I find it to taste best if eaten within three months.
How to defrost a frozen pie
Remove the pie from the freezer bag and take off the plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! If you would prefer to use prepared whipped topping you will need the 16 ounce size. Thaw in the refrigerator before using in this recipe.
Yes. My version of peanut butter pie is made without sugar and homemade whipped cream keeping this keto and low carb dessert.
The filling in peanut butter pie is gluten free. The crust may not be gluten free if you use a pre-made pie crust. However there are gluten-free crusts available, but sometimes hard to find in stores. To keep the crust gluten free follow one of the homemade crusts mentioned.
Keto Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 9- inch prepared pie crust
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1/2-2/3 cup sugar free sweetener I used Alllulose
- 1/2 cup sugar free creamy peanut butter
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar free sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped peanuts chocolate shavings, peanut butter drizzle to garnish (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl whip the cream cheese and sweetener together until well combined.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until creamy.
- In a separate large mixing bowl add whipping cream, vanilla and sweetener. Whip on low for 2 minutes. As the cream begins to thicken increase the speed (to avoid splatter). Whip until soft peaks form.
- Add HALF of the fresh whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture. Fold until well combined.
- Scoop peanut butter mix into prepared pie crust. Spread into the crust evenly.
- Top with remaining whipped cream.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, chocolate shavings, chocolate syrup or peanut butter drizzle.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.