These Peanut Butter Brownies have a fudge base and a delicious swirl of peanut butter topping that folds into this decadent dessert!
Make Peanut Butter Brownies, Just BECAUSE…
Chocolate and peanut butter brownies are an anytime snack! There was no special occasion or reason to make these.
- just because chocolate and peanut butter are amazing together.
- just because I saved the recipe from a package of flour I used up months ago.
- just because I wanted to see how that peanut swirl would look.
The chocolaty-marble swoosh is pretty cool, don’t you think?! Oh, and I also made these just because there were no brownie recipes on The Foodie Affair’s blog.
Wha-what? We NEED brownies in our lives, so we might as well go for flavors that you won’t soon forget about.
Easy Peanut Butter Brownies From Scratch!
Homemade brownies taste much better than boxed brownies, plus they’re healthier when you don’t consume preservatives!
I made these peanut butter brownies with dark cocoa, which have been my favorite type of chocolate to eat on its own.
The rich flavor of the brownie is quite decadent and the swirl of peanut butter is one fabulous combination, especially whey you taste these right out of the oven.
Peanut Butter on Brownies are Heavenly Together!
Be patient friends! After the brownies are baked you need to wait a few minutes before digging in.
As soon as they are cool enough to handle treat yourself to an ooey-gooey slice, and let the peanut butter drip down the side so you’ll have to lick your fingers.
First, you might want to pour yourself a big glass milk or a hot cup of coffee before settling into a piece.
You’ll want to enjoy every morsel uninterrupted and you should – just because!
Following a low-carb diet? You can still enjoy a brownie treat! Try this Low-Carb Cheesecake Brownie recipe!
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoon 1 stick unsalted butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder i used dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
for Peanut Butter Swirl
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan on low heat melt the chocolate and butter. Stir until completely melted and mixed together. Whisk in cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix well the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs until combined. Add the cooled chocolate into the egg mixture. Fold in the flour until just combined. You don’t want to over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan. Drop peanut butter mixture on top of brownie batter by the spoonful. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter through the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with small crumbs on them.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
This recipe is adapted from from Bob’s Red Mill.
PIN TO YOUR DESSERT, CHOCOLATE AND SWEET TREAT BOARDS