This keto fruit pizza is made with a grain and nut free cookie crust, topped with a whipped cream cheese topping, and then decorated with berries.
This dessert pizza is a no-fuss treat that is light and delicious. Although healthy ingredients are used in this recipe, it definitely tastes like a treat with the creamy whipped cream topping!
This isn’t the first time I’ve made a dessert pizza. I often make this Caramel Apple Pizza. For that recipe, the cookie crust is adapted from my Ricotta Cheese Cookies. It’s a great dessert to serve a crowd!
Fruit Pizza Recipe
For this keto fruit pizza, a healthier dessert pizza than my stand by recipe I considered using my Keto Christmas Cookies for the cookie pizza crust, but decided against that option.
Instead, I used my Low Carb Baking Mix, which is gluten and nut free mix that worked wonderfully for a sturdy cookie base.
The fiber from the Oat fiber keeps the base very low. This baking mix is only net 3 carbs per 1/4 cup! How great is that for a cookie base?!
Once the cookie is baked, It’s soft when you bite into it, and has just the right amount of weight to it so that you can pick it up with your fingers if you want.
Ready to get baking? You will want to make sure you have plenty of time to bake the pizza cookie and let it cool completely before topping it with your fruit toppings.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Low Carb Baking Mix – this is a mix of Oat FIBER (NOT oat flour), coconut flour, whey protein powder, flaxseed meal and xanthan.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese – this gives the whipping cream some structure.
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar free sweetener (confectioner type)
- Fruit – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
Make the cookie pizza
To make the base of the pizza you will first melt the butter and let it cool. In a medium bowl whisk together the baking mix, sweetener together.
In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla, cooled butter, and milk. Form a well in the middle of the baking mix and pour the wet mix into the center. Mix together until a dough forms.
Place the dough between two slices of parchment paper and roll into a 9-inch circle. Bake and cool completely.
Sweet pizza sauce
The pizza sauce is a whipped cream and cream cheese mix. So delicious! In a large bowl whip the cream cheese and sweetener together. Add whipping cream and vanilla whipping until it doubles in size.
Add to the top of the cookie crust, then top with fresh sliced fruit.
Low carb fruits
If your goal is to remain in ketosis while enjoying a dessert treat, then you may consider using fruits that are low on the glycemic index.
Strawberries and raspberries are considered low with only 3 net carbs for a half cup. Blueberries are higher – 9 carbs for a half cup, so pick what you like and what will fit in your macronutrients.
Note that each strawberry used is cut into 4 slices, so each berry goes a long way when decorating the top of the keto fruit pizza!
Alternatively, apple slices have about 6.3 net carbs per half cup, so that is another great fruit that can be spread on your pizza beautifully.
How to store fruit pizza
This keto fruit pizza is best when served the day you make it. However, it will last in the refrigerator for about 2 day when lightly covered with plastic wrap.
To save time, I like to make the cookie crust a day in advance from when I plan on serving this. It’s important to give the crust time to cool so the creamy topping doesn’t melt.
Glisten the fruit
If you really want this to be a show stopper, then you might want to glisten the fruit so it’s nice and shiny.
To do this you follow the simple step in this Fruit Salad Recipe. Take a couple of tablespoons of sugar free jelly or jam and with a pastry brush paint the fruit!
You may need to add a little water or warm for a few seconds if using jelly that is right out of the refrigerator.
Right before serving I added a little sheen to the blueberries. Can you see the difference from the natural blueberries below to the slice above?
More keto desserts to try
Take care of that sweet tooth with these other dessert ideas:
- Meringue Cookies – these sugar free light and airy melt in your mouth cookies are flavored with rose water.
- Banana Cream Parfaits – layered dessert with a homemade banana pudding with fresh whipped cream.
- Lemon Bars – luscious tangy lemon bars with just the right amount of sweetness.
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter Eggs – if you like Reese’s Eggs, then you’ll love this copy cat recipe. This one should be made all year long!
Low Carb Cookie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups low carb baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar free sweetener (confectioners)
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
Dessert Cream Topping
- 1 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar free sweetener (confectioners)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
Low Carb Cookie Crust
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the baking mix, and sweetener.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl beet the eggs, vanilla, cooled butter and milk together until well blended.
- Form a well in the center of the baking mix and add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes for the ingredients to absorb the moisture.
- Place cookie dough on a piece of parchment paper. Top with another piece of parchment paper and with a rolling pin roll dough into a 9-inch circle. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dough is set. Let cool completely.
Dessert Cream Topping
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sweetener together until smooth and creamy.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form and the whipping cream doubles in size.
- Clean and dry fruit.
- Slice each strawberry into four pieces.
Assemble Keto Fruit Pizza
- Place prepared cookie crust on a sturdy serving platter.
- Add dessert cream and spread evenly over the cookie.
- Add fruit on top of dessert cream.
- Slice and enjoy!
Macro calculations are general guidelines. You may not use all the fruit once you begin decorating the pizza.
Low carb baking mix is 3 carbs per 1/4 cup. 18 carbs for the whole dessert pizza.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Trans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 10g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR FALL, LOW CARB AND KETO RECIPE BOARDS