A melody of refreshing seasonal fruits combined to make a delicious Fresh Fruit Salad to add to yogurt, oatmeal, desserts or enjoy as it is!
There is nothing tastier than a fresh bowl of fruit! Cut-up fruit completes a brunch or breakfast meal, and turns a bowl of hum-drum yogurt into a colorful tasty parfait! Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream and you have a low-calorie dessert!
It’s so easy to gather your favorite fruits and toss them in a bowl, right?
Yes. Yes, it is, but there is a little something special I added to this fruit to help make it glisten and shine!
You’ll find that a lot of pretty fruit salads get their sheen from being bathed in a simple syrup solution.
Restaurants tend to add the water/sugar combination if the fruit they serve isn’t very ripe, so to sweeten it up and make it more pleasing for their guests, more sugar is added.
Tastes delicious and looks pretty, but more sugar?? No! I can’t do it! I can’t toss in a cup of sugar over a gorgeous bowl of fresh fruit.
Fresh Fruit Salad
So how did I manage to keep the beauty of the berries without the sugar? I took some ingredients that I used from this Fruit Salsa recipe and incorporated it in this salad.
First, I used the juice from half of an orange and combined it with three tablespoons of jelly (I used current) and a dash of vanilla extract!
Simply delicious! Aesthetically pleasing to the eye and the palate is satisfied! Success!!
What to serve fruit salad with?
Fruit salad is delicious with any breakfast, lunch or dinner menu. It’s always nice to have a healthy option available when preparing meals.
Breakfast ideas –
- Eggs Benedict Quiche from A Kitchen Hoors Aventures
- Spinach quiche with Artichokes and Red Peppers from A Daily Dish of Life
- Oatmeal Brulee, from The Foodie Affair
- Crustless Vegetable Quiche Recipe from Platter Talk
Lunch ideas –
- Shredded Chicken Sandwiches from Bacon Fatte
- Classic Grilled Hamburgers from The Foodie Affair
- Crab Salad Sandwich Recipe from The Foodie Affair
Dinner ideas –
- Grilled Flank Steak with Thai Style Chimichurri from Healthy World Cuisine
- The Best Grilled Chicken Recipe with Spice Rub from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Easy Grilled Pork Chop from Food Network
What looks good to you?
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fruit salad with seasonal berries and grapes tossed in a simple orange juice with jelly sauce adding a nice sheen to this simple fruit salad.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 6 ounces (one clamshell container) fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces (one clamshell container) fresh blackberries
- 2 cups grapes, cut in half or left whole
- half orange, juiced
- 3 tablespoons jelly (strawberry, currant, raspberry, sugar-free can be used too)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Clean fruit and gently pat extra water off the fruit by placing it on paper towels. Put in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl place jelly in the microwave and melt for 20 seconds or until liquid. Let cool and add orange juice and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour jelly sauce over fruit and gently fold covering all the fruit pieces. Enjoy!