Peppermint keto Christmas cookies with two delicious slice and bake options. One version is rolled in sugar-free crushed peppermint candy, and the other is dipped in sugar-free chocolate.
Both have a delicious hint of peppermint flavor that we look forward to during the holiday season.
Peppermint Keto Christmas Cookies
Tis the season for sweets and treats low-carb style!
These keto Christmas cookies are going to be your favorite slice and bake treat that is not only easy to make, but delicious too!
You know those ready made cookie dough tubes that you can get in the grocery store? These are similar, but they’re sugar free!
So fun to make too. Make some with crushed peppermint candy or Christmas sprinkles or make some dipped in chocolate.
Both options are super festive and sure to on your holiday dessert table.
To make these Keto Christmas cookies you will need almond flour, coconut flour for the base with additional ingredients typically used in cookies.
Gather the following ingredients:
- Superfine Almond flour – I just bought Costco brand, but usually use Wellbee’s brand.
- Coconut flour – I use Anthony’s Goods.
- Butter – you can use coconut oil for a vegan option or if you are out of butter!
- Sweetener – granulated sugar free sweetener of your choice. For this recipe I used Allulose.
- Egg – just one to bind all the ingredients together.
- Baking soda
- Extracts – vanilla
- Oil – peppermint
- Extras: Sugar free baking chips or bar, and crushed sugar free peppermint candy or festive sprinkles.
Kitchen tools you will need:
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Saran wrap
- Measuring tools
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT KETO CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Once you have gathered the ingredients this cookie dough takes no time to whip up.
Although you will be anxious to put these in the oven, these cookies need to be refrigerated for a minimum of two hours. For best results refrigerate overnight.
STEP 1: MIX WET AND DRY INGREDIENTS
In separate mixing bowls mix the wet and dry ingredients. For the wet ingredients beat the egg before adding the butter and extracts. For the dry ingredients whisk together the flours, baking soda, and sweetener.
STEP 2: FORM COOKIE ROLLS
Next you want to divide the cookie dough in half and with your hands form two separate rolls. At this point you can roll the cookie into crushed peppermint candy. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate.
STEP 3: SLICE AND BAKE
After refrigerating the dough slice into 1/4 inch pieces and place on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned.
KETO CHRISTMAS COOKIES DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE
To make the peppermint cookies that are dipped in chocolate you want to slice the plain roll and bake.
After cooled, melt chocolate and dip part of the cookie in the chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PEPPERMINT OIL AND PEPPERMINT EXTRACT?
Peppermint oil is more concentrated than extract, so you will use less when baking with the oil. Note 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract may be substituted for 1/4″ teaspoon of peppermint oil.
HOW TO STORE
Store these keto cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or place in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Cookie dough can be placed in an airtight freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
Additionally, baked cookies can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Although, the peppermint candy may bleed or get gooey. It’s best to decorate the cookies after removing from the freezer.
MORE CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES
For more holiday recipes to try, be sure to check out these recipes too!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener, sugar free
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1 cup chocolate baking chips (Lily's)
- crushed sugar free peppermint candy or festive sprinkles(optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or cover with silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg until frothy. Add butter, sweetener and extracts and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into wet ingredients.
- Divide dough into two pieces. Place each on two pieces of saran wrap and roll into the shape of logs. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- When ready to bake unwrap one roll and roll in one cup of crushed peppermint candy. Slice in 1/4" discs. Add additional crushed candy if desired. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- For chocolate dipped cookies slice plain cookie dough and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are set and light brown.
- Remove from oven and cool. Cool on baking racks.
- For chocolate cookies, in a microwave melt chocolate an 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in 20 second increments until chocolate is smooth. If desired, add additional peppermint oil (dash or two only).
- Dip cookie in chocolate and place on a baking sheet. Top with crushed peppermint candy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 28 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.