Creamy coconut lime chicken is on the menu. This simple low carb recipe is one that the whole family will enjoy. Rich and delicious 30 minute skillet meal the whole family will enjoy.
Coconut Lime Chicken
Boy you are in for a treat! Today I’m sharing a special recipe that I’m certain will be on your weekly meal plan.
The creamy coconut lime sauce in this meal is off the charts flavorful and filling! If you want a recipe that turns a simple basic chicken dish into a gourmet meal, this is it!
Put the lime in the coconut (& shake it all up!) to get a delicious burst of flavor that makes you want to lick your plate.
Yep, that tasty!
One-Pot Paleo Dish
This dish was developed by my friend Shelby the creative force behind Honeybunch Hunts and Grumpy’s Honeybunch websites.
In addition, <drum roll, please> the author of a brand new One-Pot Paleo Cookbook.
Talk about one busy lady!
Luckily for us, this cookbook couldn’t have been published at a more perfect time. Who else is looking for easy dishes that can be made quickly?
Paleo Chicken Recipe
Are you familiar with the Paleo diet? This way of eating is focused on unprocessed, natural whole foods. It’s often referred to as “the caveman’s diet”.
Well, you don’t have to follow any diet to enjoy this coconut lime chicken dish. Although, low carb and keto followers will love this recipe too.
There is nothing complicated in this cookbook, including this coconut lime chicken dish.
One-Pot Paleo Cookbook is perfect for those that want quick and delicious meals in under 30 minutes.
Also, don’t overlook the fact that this cookbook focuses on one-pot dishes.
Why is that awesome? One pot meals means clean up is a breeze!
How To Make Coconut Lime Chicken
Ready to get cooking? First, you need to make sure you have all the ingredients. I made a couple of adjustments to accommodate for what I had on hand, which I’ll note below.
- Ghee (I used butter and avocado oil)
- Chicken tenders (I cut chicken breasts like tenders)
- Salt and pepper
- Onion, diced
- Jalapeno pepper
- Chicken broth
- Coconut cream
- Paprika (I forgot to add!)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
Kitchen equipment needed:
- Large skillet
- Cutting board
- Meat pounder if using chicken breasts
- Measuring cups and spoons
Next Prepare the Chicken
This next step is to prepare chicken breasts into strips like chicken tenders.
Go ahead and skip if you have the tenders to cook.
Place the chicken breast on a cutting mat and cover with saran wrap.
Now we want to pound the chicken with the flat surface of the hammer until you reach a uniform thickness.
Next, slice the breasts into 1/2 pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook The Chicken
In a large skillet add avocado oil and butter (not paleo) and heat over medium-high. In the next step, cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side.
Remove cooked chicken and add additional butter and oil to the pan.
Now put back the diced onion and jalapeno in the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes or until the onion is soft and fragrant.
Chicken with Coconut Cream
Now the magic happens. Add the chicken broth, fresh lime juice to the onion mix and scrape up all those brown chicken pieces.
Bring the broth to a boil, and then simmer.
Next, whisk in the coconut cream and add back the cooked chicken.
Grab some plates…pronto!
What To Serve With Coconut Lime Chicken
We could barely wait to eat this meal. It was soooo darn delicious!
To make this a complete meal enjoy with cauliflower mash, fresh steamed broccoli, keto green bean casserole, cabbage salad or how about some sticky rice.
Squeeze some more fresh lime juice over the dish. Wow! Your tastebuds just exploded.
What’s The Difference Between Coconut Milk and Coconut Cream?
Be sure that you make this recipe with coconut cream. The Kitchn explains the difference best.
- Coconut Cream is thick and rich and made by simmering 4 parts of coconut with one part water.
- Coconut Milk has the same consistency of cow’s or almond milk. This is made by simmering one part coconut with one part water.
TIP: when shopping for coconut cream look for brands that don’t add a thickener in the ingredients.
Get your own copy of this One-Pot Paleo Cookbook today!
You Also Might Love These Chicken Recipes
Keto Crack Chicken – rich and creamy sauce with chicken made in an Instant Pot.
Keto Chicken Thighs – crispy chicken that goes perfect with any side dish.
Low Carb Chicken Piccata – pan fried thighs with the bone and skin in a lemon sauce with capers.
Keto Fried Chicken – crunchy chicken the whole family will love.
Coconut Lime Chicken (Low Carb, Keto, Paleo)
Simple rich and delicious chicken with coconut and lime sauce recipe. This is a great family 30 minute meal and also dish to prepare in advance.
- 3 teaspoons ghee, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Paprika for seasoning (optional)
- Cilantro and lime wedges (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt ghee (butter or oil)
- Prepare chicken if not using chicken tenders.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in prepared skillet for 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove chicken.
- Return skillet to the heat and add the remaining ghee (butter or oil).
- Stir in the onion and jalapeno and saute for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the chicken broth and lime juice. Brig the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Whisk in the coconut cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Add back the chicken to warm.
- Garnish with paprika, cilantro and lime wedges.
Avocado oil and/or butter can be used in place of ghee if not Paleo.
PIN TO YOUR CHICKEN, KETO, LOW CARB AND PALEO BOARDS
Leave a Reply