My Keto Chicken Thighs are a perfectly seasoned low carb main dish that everyone at the table will devour. A simple blend of spices is all you need to make chicken thighs turn into an indulgent focus of your meal.
Keto Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs are a wonderful protein choice on a keto diet. No matter what your keto macros are, these easily fit into the day.
Plus, they adapt to so many flavor profiles that you will never run out of options for making them at dinnertime.
This recipe starts on the stovetop in your best cast iron skillet but is easily finished cooking in the oven. That gives you plenty of time to whip up your favorite side dishes, or just relax for a few minutes before dinner is served.
Of course, one of the best things about this recipe is obviously that it is super keto friendly and ideal for a meal that everyone at your table will enjoy.
No more worries about making two separate meals for the keto and non-low carb people at the dinner table.
Can I Make This With Chicken Breasts?
Yes, you can use this preparation method for chicken breasts and keep the meal low carb. There are a few things of note, however, if you choose that as an option.
First, you will want to check your keto macro calculator to see what you should be aiming for each day. Often, chicken breasts do not have the fat content you need, so you will have to add extra fats alongside it.
Secondly, since chicken breasts dry out so much easier than these keto chicken thighs, you will need to adjust your cooking time considerably.
You want them to be safe to eat, but also still moist. Leave the skin on the breasts, and use a meat thermometer to make sure they are at the correct internal temperature (165°), but don’t leave them in the oven any longer than absolutely necessary.
What Should I Serve With Low Carb Chicken Thighs?
Anything you want that fits into your macros for the day! I love this alongside some riced cauliflower and broccoli, but you can truly fit in any keto-friendly recipes alongside this for sides.
Have fun experimenting with roasting and steaming vegetables, or even doing things like sauteeing them in bacon grease for added flavor.
I’ve been wanting to try topping these chicken thighs with my mushroom gravy sauce.
More Keto Chicken Thigh Recipes
I love finding chicken thighs on special at my grocery store because I know they are ideal for the keto diet and so easy to cook.
If you are looking for more ways to make chicken thighs, here are some of my other great recipes I know you will love.
My keto fried chicken recipe is a perfect option for using up any extra chicken thighs. It’s so crispy and delicious you will never know it is keto friendly!
Another good option is my keto chicken casserole recipe. It used shredded chicken, cheese, and veggies and is a delicious option that bakes up in no time.
- 6 chicken thighs skin on
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a cast-iron pan or skillet of your choice on the stovetop over medium heat to allow the pan to warm up. This will help keep the chicken from sticking too much.
- In a large bowl place the 6 chicken thighs and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Making sure each piece is lightly coated.
- In a small bowl whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Add seasoning mixture to the large bowl and coat the chicken evenly with it.
- Place chicken thighs into the pan skin side down care to not burn yourself as it will be hot.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer from the stovetop to the preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g
PIN TO YOUR LOW CARB, KETO AND CHICKEN DINNER BOARDS