Cauliflower casserole coated with a light creamy cheese sauce over florets, then topped with some panko, bread crumb or pork rinds for a low carb version.
Everyone at the table will eat their veggies when you serve this cheesy cauliflower bake!
Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
Do you have a favorite side dish that everyone in your family likes?
For vegetables, green salads are always a hit with my family, especially when my daughter makes the salad!
Broccoli is also heartily eaten by everyone in my house.
After experimenting and getting more creative with cauliflower, this simple cauliflower casserole just may be a new favorite!
How To Make Cauliflower Casserole
To make this scrumptious casserole, prepare the topping and set aside.
- Steam the florets in broth with the spices for just six minutes. (The florets will hold up nicely and have a little crunch to them).
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted and creamy.
- Place the mix in one large or individual size casserole dishes. Top with breadcrumbs, panko or pork rinds.
- Place in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Believe it or not, you may not have any leftovers when you serve this casserole!
Are you starting to think of your Thanksgiving feast? What side dishes do you make?
It’s not Thanksgiving without our usual sweet potato casserole for my family.
Additional Cauliflower Recipes You May Like
Looking for more cauliflower recipes? Check out this cauliflower steak recipe and this collection. You’ll eat cauliflower all the time!
Cauliflower Potato Salad
Mock potato salad made with all the same ingredients as a classic potato salad, except this version is perfect for keto and low carb followers. Roast the cauliflower to enhance the nutty flavor and serve along with your favorite main dish.
Vegan cauliflower soup will delight your tastebuds with flavorful spices like cumin, turmeric, cardamon with a sprinkle of red pepper to spice it up! Enjoy this creamy soup as a main meal or add as a starter to your menu!
Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole with Cauliflower Crumbles
Cauliflower recipes you'll want to eat all the time!
Mock Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower) - Low Carb!
Cauliflower mashed potatoes are a delicious alternative to a starchy based side dish. If you are looking for a way to cut some carbs from your diet, this is a tasty way to do it.
- 2 slices of heart sandwich bread, torn into pieces (substitute Panko for Gluten-Free option)
- 1/2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour (cornstarch or arrowroot)
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and cut into 3/4 inch florets
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
For low carb alternative, replace panko or bread crumbs for crushed pork rind.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 307 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 344mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
Adapted from Cook’s Illustrated, June, 2012