Are you looking for a delicious and healthy pork chop recipe? Look no further than this Instant Pot Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe! These pork chops are cooked to perfection in the air fryer, and they’re so juicy and tender. You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make!
Next time give this Pork Chops in Mushroom Cream Sauce recipe a try!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
The Instant Pot Air Fryer is about to take your pork chops to the next level. With this nifty appliance, you can cook up juicy, crispy pork chops in no time at all. Plus, it’s a lot healthier than frying them in oil. So why not give it a try? I promise you won’t be disappointed. Don’t worry if you have another air fryer brand, these same instructions will apply! I use my Chefman and Instant Pot air fryers.
- These chops are cooked in minutes and they need less oil than. No splatter oil mess.
- Plus, cleanup was quick and easy thanks to the non-stick cooking plates.
- The air fryer will give them a nice crispy crust on the outside and that everyone will love.
- Pork is a lean protein! A 3.5 ounce pork chop has 26.7 grams of protein. That amount will keep you satisfied for hours.
- measuring cup and spoon
- small bowls
- air fryer
Here’s a simple, yet elegant recipe for crispy pork chops that you can make in just minutes. All the ingredients are ones most people probably already have on hand which means this dish will save them from running out to their local grocery store! So, gather these simple ingredients and get ready to enjoy a meal that is perfect for busy weeknights.
- cornstarch – this helps give the crispy coating we love.
- eggs – eggs help bind the ingredients so it sticks to the pork chops.
- cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- pork chops – I like boneless, but bone in can be used as well.
HOW TO MAKE THESE INSTANT POT AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS
What’s better than a juicy and tender pork chop? A crispy one! Follow these easy steps below and you will have perfectly cooked pork chops in no time.
STEP 1: ADD CORN STARCH TO A MIXING BOWL
In a mixing bowl, add 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
STEP 2: BEAT TWO EGGS IN A SMALL BOWL
Then, in another mixing bowl, add 2 eggs beaten.
STEP 3: MIX TOGETHER THE REMAINING CORN STARCH AND SPICES
In another mixing bowl, add the remaining corn starch, flour, and spices.
STEP 4: DREDGE THE PORK CHOPS
Coat the chops in the corn starch, eggs, and then the flour mixture.
STEP 5: PLACE THE PORK CHOPS IN THE AIR FRYER
Place in air fryer basket and spray with oil. I use parchment paper to prevent sticking.
STEP 6: AIR FRY THE PORK CHOPS
Cook at 400°F for 15 minutes or until pork is 145°F internal and breading is crispy golden brown.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS
There are so many delicious sides that go great with flavorful air fryer pork chops. Here are a few of my favorites to serve with this great recipe.
- Mashed potatoes
- Sautéed green beans
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Glazed carrots
- Macaroni and cheese
- Baked apples
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
This recipe is pretty straightforward, but there are a few substitutions and additions you can make to suit your taste for this easy dinner recipe.
- To make these pork chops gluten-free, simply use gluten-free flour instead of regular flour.
- If you want to add a little bit of sweetness to the dish, try adding a tablespoon of honey to the cornstarch mixture.
- For an extra crispy crust, try adding some Panko bread crumbs or pork rinds to the flour mixture.
- If you want a bit of a kick, add extra cayenne pepper to the cornstarch mixture.
- These pork chops are delicious as is, but if you want to dress them up a bit, try serving them with creamy gravy or a tangy BBQ sauce.
- Add additional flavor by adding onion powder, garlic powder, or your favorite seasoning rub to the flour mixture.
- For this recipe, I used 1-inch thick pork chops. If you are using thinner pork chops or thicker pork chops you will need to adjust your cooking time according to the thickness of the pork chops.
- Make this recipe a great option for low carb diets by seasoning the pork chops directly and skipping the flour and cornstarch.
HOW TO STORE
These pork chops are best enjoyed fresh, but if you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply place them in the air fryer at 400°F for a few minutes until heated through.
You can also reheat them in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
Do you have questions about this easy recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about these juicy pork chops.
According to the USDA, the internal temperature of pork chops should reach 145°F. I recommend using an instant read thermometer to check the temperature of your juicy air fryer pork chips.
Yes, pork chops can be pink in the center and still be safe to eat. The USDA recommends cooking pork chops to an internal temperature of 145°F. As long as they reach that internal temperature the color doesn’t matter.
Yes, this recipe would also work well with chicken breasts or thighs. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time depending on the protein that you are using.
If you have tough pork chops, then the pork chops might have been overcooked. It only takes about 15 minutes for them to cook, but if you observe your meat carefully so that it doesn’t burn then this should not be an issue!
When air frying pork chops make sure to place them in a single layer in the air fryer so that they cook evenly. Depending on the size of your air fryer and your air fryer model you may require less time for these pork chops. Be sure to check them often for the best results.
OTHER DELICIOUS PORK RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Hawaiin Pulled Pork
- Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Pork
- Pork Schnitzel
- Pork Tenderloin with Orange Marmalade
- 3/4 cup of corn starch, divided
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 eggs
- 3 – 3 oz. pork chops
- Place three mixing bowls or shallow rimmed dish aside.
- In the first mixing bowl, add 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- In the second mixing bowl, add 2 eggs beaten.
- In the third mixing bowl add the remaining corn starch, flour, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper, garlic powder and paprika,
- One at a time coat the pork chop in the corn starch mix, then the egg mix, and finally the flour mixture.
- Place the prepared pork chops in the air fryer basket sprayed with non-stick cooking oil or lightly spray the coated pork chops on both sides. You may also use parchment paper to further prevent sticking and easy clean up if desired.
- When using an Instant Pot air fryer lid, place lid on top and air fry at 400°F for 15 minutes or until pork reaches 145°F internal temperature and the coating is crispy golden brown
The air fryer basket will hold 3- 3 ounce pork chops. You can also use bone-in pork chops as well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 29g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.