This Creamy Keto Cauliflower Soup recipe is the perfect comfort food on a cold winter day. It is low in carbs and calories, but high in rich flavor. The soup can be made in just a few minutes in an Instant Pot with ingredients that you likely have on hand. Even though this soup is low carb it’s so creamy and flavorful that your whole family will love it.
There is nothing I love more on a chilly winter day than a warm bowl of creamy soup. There is just something special about a creamy soup. It has the perfect combination of flavors and ingredients that just seem to go so well together.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
This easy cauliflower soup recipe is on the table in under 20 minutes. is the perfect way to stay on track with your lifestyle goals but still enjoy a hearty and comforting meal. It is low in carbs and calories, but high in flavor. Even if you are not low carb, you will still enjoy this rich and creamy soup recipe.
Creamy – This soup is so creamy you would never know it was low-carb. Creamy texture soups are always comforting and delicious!
Comforting – This soup is the perfect comfort food on a cold winter day. The warm and creamy broth will help you stay cozy all day long.
Low Carb – This cauliflower soup is perfect for anyone following the keto diet or anyone that is craving a healthy cauliflower soup. With 7.7 net carbs per serving, this meal is a great way to enjoy a hearty meal while keeping your diet goals.
Family Friendly – this soup is even delicious enough to make all of your non-keto family members enjoy it. The warm and creamy broth will help everyone stay cozy during the cold chilly nights.
Loaded Cauliflower Soup – The addition of diced green onion and bacon completes this soup loading it with flavor! Every bite is scrumptious.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO MAKE KETO CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- pressure cooker – I have a 6 quart Instant Pot.
- immersion blender or blender
- serving bowls
INGREDIENTS FOR KETO CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
- bacon – optional to add on top for a salty delicious flavor. I also like the bacon fat to saute the onion. However, if you choose to skip this, then be sure to add a neutral oil like avocado oil when sautéing the onion.
- yellow onion
- garlic cloves
- fresh cauliflower(about half of a medium-sized head), cut into florets
- chicken broth or vegetable broth or stock – Did you stash any bone broth in your freezer? Now is the time to add it to this hearty soup.
- black pepper
- heavy cream
- shredded white cheddar
- scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
HOW TO MAKE KETO CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
STEP 1: HEAT THE PRESSURE COOKER
Turn the pressure cooker on, press “Sauté”, and wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up.
STEP 2: COOK THE BACON
Add the chopped bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until your crispy bacon is just the way you like it. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to top the soup later.
STEP 3: SAUTE THE ONION
Add the chopped onion and cook until starting to soften, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STEP 4: ADD THE GARLIC
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Press “Cancel” to stop sautéing.
STEP 5: TOSS IN THE CAULIFLOWER
Add the cauliflower florets, broth or stock, salt, and black pepper to the Instant Pot.
STEP 6: PRESSURE COOK THE CAULIFLOWER
Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 3 minutes, and then do a quick release.
STEP 7: PUREE THE SOUP
Carefully puree the soup using an immersion blender (or transfer it to a regular blender and puree).
STEP 8: MELT THE CHEESE
Set the pot to “Warm” and stir in half the cheese until melted, reserving the other have for topping.
STEP 9: ADD IN THE CREAM
Stir in the cream. Press “Cancel” to turn off the pot.
STEP 10: SERVE THE SOUP
Ladle the soup into bowls and top each with crisped bacon, cheese, and diced green onions.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This soup is amazing by itself but you could also serve it with a side salad or some freshly baked low carb rolls or fresh bread for your non-keto family and friends.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- Add in extra protein to this creamy soup by adding in cooked ham, shrimp, or chicken.
- Use different cheeses such as mozzarella, or sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add in some fresh herbs like thyme, parsley, or basil to give the soup extra flavor.
- You could also add in some vegetables like roasted carrots or butternut squash for an extra nutritional boost.
HOW TO MAKE ON THE STOVETOP
If you want to make this creamy cauliflower soup on the stovetop instead of an Instant Pot you will need to increase the broth by 1/2 cup, and use a heavy stock pot like a Dutch oven. Cook the bacon over medium heat as well as the diced onion. For step 6, bring the broth with the cauliflower florets to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and cover. Boil the cauliflower for 5-10 minutes or until tender. The recipe can be followed as written from this point on.
HOW TO REHEAT & STORE
BEST WAY TO STORE: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
HOW TO REHEAT: Reheat on the stovetop over low heat or in the microwave.
CAULIFLOWER SOUP FAQS
I don’t recommend freezing this soup, because of the dairy in the soup, the soup may separate when it’s thawed.
Yes, you can use frozen cauliflower to make this soup. If you are using frozen cauliflower just add five minutes extra on the cooking time in the pressure cooker.
Yes, this keto cauliflower soup recipe is gluten-free and low-carb friendly.
OTHER KETO RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Creamy Keto Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 2 slices bacon diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounce 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 2 green onions sliced
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE mode and let the Instant Pot inner cooking pot heat for a couple of minutes. Add diced bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from Instant Pot and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any extra bacon grease.
- Add diced onion to the pot and cook until the onion is fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Press CANCEL to stop sautéing.
- Add diced cauliflower florets, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid and place the valve in the LOCK mode. Turn pressure to MANUAL and set the timer to 3 minutes.
- Carefully quick release the value when the timer is complete.
- Remove lid and with an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower soup until creamy.
- Turn Instant Pot to WARM mode and add half of the shredded cheese and heavy cream. Stir with a spoon until the cheese has melted and the cream is well incorporated.
- Serve with cooked diced bacon, sliced scallions and additional shredded cheese.
Stovetop MethodIf you want to make this keto cauliflower soup on the stovetop cook in a 4-6 quart stockpot or Dutch oven. Over medium heat cook diced bacon. Continue to step 2 cooking the diced onion. Cook for 2 minutes before adding the garlic. Add an additional 1/2 cup of broth in step 4. Bring the broth with the cauliflower florets to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and cover. Boil for 5-10 minutes or until the cauliflower florets are tender. Continue to steps 8 and 9.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS