This Air Fryer Curry Chicken recipe is so easy to make and it is packed with flavor! The perfect weeknight meal, this chicken is cooked in the air fryer and then simmered in a homemade rich sweet and savory curry sauce. Serve it over rice or cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
If you love air fryer chicken recipes, then next time you may want to give this Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe a try.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
If you’re looking for an easy chicken curry recipe that still packs a flavorful punch, look no further than your air fryer! This recipe takes about an hour to make from start to finish, and the end result is a delicious, creamy dish that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
- This is a delicious, healthy meal that the whole family will love.
- You only need simple ingredients that are easy to find in your local grocery stores or in your pantry.
- It is a one-pot meal, which means less cleanup for you on a busy day.
- The air fryer cooks the chicken perfectly, ensuring that it is juicy and tender.
- Cooking this recipe in the air fryer is a healthier option than deep frying the chicken.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this simple and delicious recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this air fryer recipe in no time at all.
- knife and cutting board
- large bowl
- measuring cup and spoon
- small pan
- air fryer
This easy chicken curry recipe only requires a few simple ingredients. Most of the ingredients you may also have on hand in your kitchens already. If not, then you just need a quick trip to your local grocery store to be ready to make this easy recipe. Gather these ingredients and get ready to enjoy a flavorful meal cooked right in your air fryer.
- olive oil or avocado oil
- yellow onion, chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- curry powder
- ginger powder
- chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- corn starch mixed with 2 teaspoons of water – thickens the sauce. Leave out for strict keto diet.
- heavy cream
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- For a spicier option, add 1/2-1 teaspoon of cayenne powder
HOW TO MAKE THIS AIR FRYER CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE
Making this air fryer curry chicken recipe is easy. Just follow the simple instructions below and you will have a tasty meal that your entire family will enjoy in no time at all.
STEP 1: MIX TOGETHER THE MARINADE
In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, onion, and garlic. Add the oil and spices and mix.
STEP 2: MARINADE THE CHICKEN
Marinade for 30 minutes.
STEP 3: PLACE THE CHICKEN IN A PAN
Place curry into a pan that fits your air fryer basket. Use a shallow pan to spread out the
STEP 4: COOK THE CURRY CHICKEN
Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook for 15 minutes.
STEP 5: REMOVE THE CHICKEN AND ADD A CORNSTARCH SLURRY
Remove cooked chicken and juices to a mixing bowl. Add cream and corn-starch slurry. Mix.
STEP 6: CONTINUE AIR FRYING THE CHICKEN
Place back in the pan and air fryer basket. Cook at 400°F for 7 more minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CURRY CHICKEN
Wondering what you can serve with this air curry chicken to make it a whole meal? You can serve this chicken with the following sides:
- Jasmine rice
- naan bread
- Kachumber Salad
Want to make sure that this meal turns out perfectly for you? Here are some tips to help you along the way.
- Make sure to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Do not overcrowd the pan when air frying so that the chicken cooks evenly.
- Look for a pan that will fit in your air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer you could try a cake pan. However, there are pans that are designed just to fit in the air fryer.
- Try to dice the cut into even-sized pieces, you want even pieces so that the chicken cooks evenly at the same time.
- For a little added crunch you can garnish this dish with sesame seeds.
- You can increase the flavor of your marinade by adding star anise, bay leaves, and black pepper.
- I like to marinate my chicken in a plastic bag, but you can also use an airtight bowl also.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- If you want a bit more of a crunch in your curry, you can add some chopped peanuts or cashews.
- Add some carrots or green peas for a pop of color and an extra veggie boost.
- If you want a spicier dish, add 1/2-1 teaspoon of cayenne powder, chili powder, or red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled however you will need to cook your curry in batches so that you don’t overcrowd the air fryer.
- Instead of chicken breasts, you can also use boneless chicken thighs that have been cut up into chunks. If you are using dark meat I recommend adding an additional two minutes to your cook time.
- Replace the heavy cream in your sauce and use coconut milk instead.
- Out of garlic cloves? You can use garlic powder instead.
HOW TO STORE
This dish will last in the fridge for 3 days. To reheat, simply place it back in the air fryer or in a pan on the stove over medium heat until warmed through.
Do you have questions about this curry recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Yes, you can cook raw chicken in an air fryer. Just make sure to cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should reach 165 degrees F.
No, you don’t have to marinate the chicken but it does help to tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor.
OTHER DELICIOUS AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
MORE FLAVORFUL RECIPES WITH CURRY
If you love the flavor of curry, then you will enjoy these recipes too!
Air Fryer Curry Chicken Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic cloves minced
- 5 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, onion, and garlic. Add the oil and spices and mix together ensuring all the chicken is seasoned. Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Place curry into a pan that fits in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove cooked chicken and juices to a heat proof mixing bowl. Add cream and cornstarch slurry. Mix.
- Place back in the pan and place in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400°F for 7 additional minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and serve topped with chopped cilantro.
- For a spicier option, add 1/2-1 teaspoon of cayenne powder.
- Use boneless and skinless chicken thighs if preferred.
- Make your own curry powder seasoning mix.
- Pair with jasmine, basmati rice, naan or cauliflower rice for a low carb dish.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.