Baked wild caught Salmon Coconut Red Curry Sauce over a bed of sautéed spinach. This dish is packed with protein and healthy fats that will keep you satisfied for hours.
Salmon Coconut Curry | Thai Inspired Meal
The sauce in this dish is amazing! Super flavorful and whips up in no time! In fact, you may be tempted to slurp up the sauce with a spoon!
While it may be true that I spent a small foodie fortune on salmon this past weekend ($28/pound), I couldn’t help myself, and I bet you wouldn’t be able to resist either!
When you want fresh fish go straight to the source, a local fish market!
What to look for when buying salmon
Just look at this beautiful piece of salmon!
We live in Monterey, CA where seafood is a fresh as it gets, so it would be a shame to pick up fish from a national grocery store when we have access to wild caught local salmon!
Even if you don’t live near a fish market you can still pick up quality fish. Follow these tips:
- Look for FRESH, not farmed if possible. Natural vs. produced is what you need to keep in mind.
- Wild Alaskan is one of the most eco-friendly salmon, even canned or frozen are great choices.
- Salmon should be bright with a pink hue, not gray or dull.
- Don’t buy fish that has a “fishy” smell. Smelly fish is old seafood. Pass on it.
- Inspect the salmon for any discolorations. If you see white spots, then the fish is likely to have expired.
30 minute baked salmon coconut curry dish
Once you find your salmon this meal comes together quickly, so if you want a side dish, then made that right away too.
To make this meal follow these steps:
- Coat both sides of salmon with olive oil.
- Place skin side on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the coconut cream, curry paste, fish sauce, and ginger. Heat until combined.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add leek and saute, then add spinach and cook until tender.
What to serve salmon with
Baked Salmon with Coconut Red Curry Sauce
This 30 minute meal is nutritious and easy to make. Fresh salmon with a Thai red fish curry sauce will tempt you to eat it with a spoon! This is a complete meal, but feel free to add a cauliflower rice or sticky rice.
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds wild caught salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Red Curry Sauce
- 1 14 ounce can coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Sautéed Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek stalk, sliced
- 3-4 cups baby spinach
- sliced basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Coat both sides of salmon with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place skin side on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the coconut cream, curry paste, fish sauce, and ginger. Heat until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add leek and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and saute until desired consistency (about 1 minute).
- To serve place salmon over spinach and top with curry sauce. Garnish with sliced basil.