If you thought boiling eggs on the stove top was easy, just wait until you try boiling them in the oven! This method is not only more foolproof, but it also yields perfectly cooked eggs every time. So if you’re looking for a hassle-free way to make boiled eggs, look no further than your trusty oven.
I don’t know about you, but I love being able to prepare foods ahead so that on busy days I know that my family can still eat healthy meals. And one of my favorite make-ahead foods is hard boiled eggs. They’re perfect for snacking on, packing in a lunchbox, or adding to a salad or sandwich.
But boiling eggs on the stovetop can be tricky—sometimes they turn out overcooked and rubbery, or undercooked and slimy if you don’t know how to cook the perfect hard boiled egg on the stove. Not to mention, it’s a hassle to constantly watch them, making sure they don’t boil over.
That’s why I love this oven method for boiling eggs. It’s so much easier and foolproof than boiling them on the stovetop! And the best part is that the eggs come out perfectly cooked every time. These eggs are great for school lunches, easy breakfasts or a quick snack.
Next time give this Sour Cream and Chives Egg Cups recipe a try. It’s one of my favorite easy recipes for breakfast in a hurry.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Making hard boiled eggs in the oven is so much easier than on the stove-top. It’s a full proof method that makes meal prep easy.
- No need to watch them closely while they boil, you can pop them in the oven and walk away.
- All you need is one ingredient and a couple kitchen tools to help you make this easy recipe.
- The eggs come out perfectly cooked every time, with no risk of them being overcooked or undercooked.
- Low carb and Keto easy snack – boiled eggs are 0.6 net grams of carbs each.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make these easy boiled eggs in the oven.
- muffin pan
- large bowl
You only need one main ingredient to make these hard boiled eggs in the oven. You will be so glad that you made this recipe when you see how simple they are.
- 12 large eggs
HOW TO MAKE BOILED EGGS IN THE OVEN
There are only five steps to follow to make this easy recipe. I’ve broken the steps down for you so that they are easy to follow .
STEP 1: PREHEAT THE OVEN
Preheat the oven at 325°F degrees.
STEP 2: ADD THE EGGS TO THE MUFFIN TIN
Add eggs to a muffin tin and place in the preheated oven for 20 – 30 minutes depending on how done you would like them. See the notes below of the exact cooking time.
STEP 3: PREPARE THE BOWL OF ICE WATER
While the eggs are cooking add ice and water to a large bowl to make an ice bath.
STEP 4: PLACE THE EGGS IN THE ICE WATER BATH
When eggs are done remove them from the oven and transfer them from the muffin tin directly into the ice bath and let them cool for 10 minutes.
STEP 5: STORE IN THE FRIDGE
Peel and serve or store in a sealed container for up to one week in the refrigerator.
HARD BOILED EGGS IN OVEN COOK TIMES
There are different bake times depending on how done you want your eggs. This is a list of the cook times for this eggs recipe.
- Soft Boiled Egg- 22 minutes
- Medium Boiled Egg – 26 minutes
- Hard Boiled Egg – 30 minutes
WAYS TO SERVE
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to use boiled eggs in.
- Keto Egg Salad
- Dill Deviled Eggs
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Potato Salad
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Top them with bagel seasoning for an easy snack
HOW TO STORE
You can store boiled eggs in the fridge for up to one week. Just make sure to place them in a airtight container so that they do not get dry.
Here are a few of my best tips to make sure your eggs to perfectly every single time you make them.
- The egg shells may have small brown spots on them, there is no need to worry if this happens to your eggs.
- This is a great recipe for easy peel eggs, however if you are using fresh eggs you may still need to peel them under cold water.
- This recipe cooks a dozen eggs at a time, if you need to cook a lot of eggs you will need to do so in batches.
Do you have questions about making boiled eggs in the oven? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The eggs will cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on how done you want them.
Yes, both medium and large eggs.
No, eggs will not explode in the oven, you will still have whole eggs after the cook time is up.
There are endless possibilities for what you can do with boiled eggs. Some of my favorites include egg salad, deviled eggs, or just eating them plain.
No, you do not need to add water to the cupcake pan. The eggs will cook in their own moisture.
OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
So there you have it! An easy foolproof way to make hard boiled eggs in the oven. This recipe is a game changer when it comes to making eggs in a big batch.
OTHER WAYS TO COOK HARD BOILED EGGS
Looking for other ways to cook hard boiled eggs? Here are some other methods:
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Oven
- Muffin tin
- Large bowl
- 12 eggs large
- Preheat the oven at 325°F degrees.
- Add eggs to a muffin tin and cook for 20-30 minutes – 22 minutes for soft boiled, 26 minutes for medium boiled, and 30 minutes for hard boiled.
- While eggs are cooking add ice in a large bowl, and fill with water about 3/4 of the bowl to make an ice bath.
- When eggs are done remove them from the oven and transfer them from the muffin tin directly into the ice bath and let them cool for 10 minutes.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS