These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are crispy, flavorful, and so much healthier than their deep-fried french fries counterparts. So if you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy potatoes, look no further than your air fryer.
You know those perfectly seasoned potato wedges you can get at a restaurant? This mimic those, but there won’t be any grease splatter involved! Perfect for any main meal or enjoy as a inexpensive snack anytime!
Next time give these Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Sage a try.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these air fryer potato wedges are a healthier alternative to traditional fried potatoes. They’re perfect for a quick snack or side dish! Plus, with this tasty recipe there is no need to drag out the deep fryer.
- Air fryer potato wedges are the perfect side dish for any occasion!
- They’re crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and they taste amazing.
- Plus, they’re really easy to make – all you need is a few simple ingredients and your air fryer.
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this tasty crispy potato dish. Gather these tools and get ready to make a dish that your entire family will fall in love with.
- Knife and cutting board
- Large bowl
- Air fryer
You only need a few basic ingredients to help you make this dish. You most likely already have most of these ingredients on hand already. Which can help you save a trip to the grocery store. I like making this easy side dish on nights when I’m not sure what else to make.
- Russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese – course or shredded
- Dried parsley and additional sea salt – to garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THIS
These crispy potato wedges come together in just a few simple steps. Follow the steps below and you will have a delicious side dish that the potato lovers in your family will love in no time at all.
STEP 1: PREHEAT THE AIR FRYER TO 400°F DEGREES
Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F.
STEP 2: WASH THE POTATOES
Wash your potatoes with a vegetable brush under cool water.
STEP 3: SLICE THE POTATOES
Slice your potatoes into wedges. To do this you will want to slice the potato in half lengthwise, then place flat side of the potato on the cutting board and cut in half. Slice each section into wedges.
STEP 4: COAT THE WEDGES IN OIL AND SPICES
Transfer your raw potato wedges to a large bowl. Add the oil and spices. Toss together so that the potatoes are evenly coated in the oil and seasonings. I use my hands to make sure all the sides of the wedges are seasoned.
STEP 5: ADD THE POTATOES TO THE AIR FRYER
Add your potato wedges to the air fryer. Add as many as your basket can afford but make sure to not overcrowd them. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in batches.
STEP 6: AIR FRYER THE WEDGES
Cook at 400°F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
STEP 7: SPRINKLE WITH PARMESAN
Sprinkle with additional parmesan, sea salt, and dried crushed parsley (optional). Serve and eat warm.
WHAT TO SERVE
Are you wondering what to serve with this air fryer potato wedges recipe? Here is a list of some of my favorite foods to pair with these potatoes. There are endless possibilities when it comes to what you can serve with these crispy air fryer potato wedges. So get creative and have some fun with it!
- Chicken tenders or nuggets
- Fried fish
- Grilled cheese sandwich
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Do you want to change up this easy recipe and personalize it to fit your taste buds? Here are some ideas to switch up the flavors in this dish.
- Don’t have Parmesan cheese on hand? No problem! You can substitute other types of cheese or leave the cheese out completely. Have you tried nutritional yeast? It has a nutty cheesy flavor that vegetarian and vegans enjoy in place of cheese.
- Like your potatoes a little on the spicy side? Add in some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to give them a bit of heat.
- Not a fan of paprika? Try using garlic powder, rosemary or homemade ranch dressing mix instead. The possibilities are endless just use your favorite seasonings instead.
- Dip this crispy potatoes in sour cream, ranch, ketchup, bbq sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Want to make sure that your air fryer potato wedges turn out well? Here are a few helpful tips for this delicious recipe.
- Slice the potatoes evenly. This will ensure that they cook evenly and are all the same size.
- Make sure to coat the potatoes in oil and spices. This will help them get crispy and delicious.
- Don’t overcrowd the potatoes in the air fryer. If you add too many, they will not cook evenly. Cook in batches if needed. Make sure you keep them in a single layer in your air fryer.
- For easy clean up you can line your air fryer basket with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will help to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Use russet potatoes, red potatoes or even gold potatoes to make this delicious recipe.
- Can potato wedges be cooked in the oven? Yes! Place on a baking sheet at 400°F degrees for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the wedge.
HOW TO STORE
Store: If not eating right away, let the potato wedges cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheating: Reheat in the air fryer at 400°F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
Freezing: Freezing is not recommended as it will change the texture of the potatoes.
Do you have questions about this homemade air fryer potato wedges? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this simple recipe.
There could be a couple of reasons, you could have overloaded the air fryer, or not coated them well in oil before cooking. Try spreading them out in the air fryer and adding an additional five minutes to your cook time.
There are a few ways to do this. You can use a mandolin slicer, a sharp knife, or a food processor with a slicing blade attachment. Just make sure that the potatoes are all the same size for even cooking.
No. You don’t have to soak them first, but soaking them in cold water and draining them on paper towels can help them become extra crispy potatoes when air fried.
OTHER DELICIOUS AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast – No Breading
- The Best Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Air Fryer Asparagus with Lemon or Parmesan Cheese
Hope you enjoy these delicious potato wedges and think of making them for your next get together. Enjoy as an appetizer or serve as a side dish. Did you change the seasonings? I would love to know what you tried!
- 3 russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Parsley, sea salt, additional parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Wash potatoes under cool water and gently scrub with a vegetable brush.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise. Place the flat side down on a cutting board and cut in half. Slice each section into wedges.
- In a small bowl whisk together paprika and onion powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add prepared potato wedges and add oil. MIx with your hands to ensure the oil coats each wedge.
- Add spices, cheese and garlic. Mix until well incorporated over the potato wedges.
AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES
- Turn on at 400°F degrees to pre-heat. If not pre-heating, increase the cooking time by a couple of minutes.
- Place prepared potatoes in the center of the air fryer. Cover and set timer for 10 minutes. Check for tenderness and desired texture. Add additional cooking time if needed.
- Serve immediately.
OVEN BAKED POTATO WEDGES
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F degrees. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place prepared potato wedges on baking rack and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the desired tenderness.
- Place under a broiler for a couple of minutes to make crispier if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Sprinkle cooked potato wedges with additional parmesan cheese, crushed parsley and sea salt if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
This recipe was first published May, 2014 and has since been updated with additional photos and step by step details, March 2022.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS