These Slow Cooker 3 Ingredient Cranberry Meatballs are so simple to make, but also so flavorful. They are the best appetizer to make for holiday parties this time of year. If you are looking for an appetizer that is always a crowd pleaser at family gatherings this is the recipe for you!
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- These crockpot meatballs are the perfect appetizer for holiday parties.
- These tender meatballs are coated in a tangy sauce that is bursting with savory-sweet flavor.
- Just toss the ingredients for these crock pot cranberry meatballs into the slow cooker and let the crock pot do all the work.
- Serve right out of the crock pot to keep warm for your gathering.
If you love cranberry recipes like this one, then you may also enjoy this Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce recipe.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy appetizer recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this tasty game day treat.
- wooden spoon
- slow cooker
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this simple appetizer recipe. All of these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store, you may even have them on hand in your pantry and freezer already which can save you a trip to the store.
- cranberry sauce – homemade sauce cranberry sauce or any purchased brand you can get in a can.
- bbq sauce – pick your favorite! homemade low carb bbq sauce recipe or purchased sugar free bbq sauce.
- pre-cooked meatballs – turkey, chicken or beef
HOW TO MAKE THIS SLOW COOKER 3 INGREDIENT CRANBERRY MEATBALLS
Making this appetizer couldn’t be any easier. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a savory party appetizer that your friends and family will love in no time at all.
STEP 1: STIR TOGETHER THE SAUCE INGREDIENTS
Whisk together the bbq sauce and cranberry sauce right in the crock pot or whisk in a separate bowl and pour sauce into the slow cooker reserving 1 1/2 cups.
STEP 2: MIX IN THE MEATBALLS
Add meatballs to the crockpot and stir all the ingredients coating the meatballs.
STEP 3: TOP THE MEATBALLS WITH THE REMAINING SAUCE
Top the meatballs with 1 cup of sauce. The remaining 1/2 cup of cause can be used for dipping when serving the meatballs.
STEP 4: SLOW COOKER THE MEATBALLS
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 2-3 hours on high or 5-7 hours on low.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THESE MEATBALLS
Here are a few tips to make sure that this slow cooker cranberry meatballs recipe turns out perfectly every time you make them.
- Serve with toothpicks or festive skewers to make them easy to eat.
- Garnish with parsley, sliced green onions or a sprinkle of sesame seeds for a festive presentation.
- These meatballs can also be served over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes as a main dish.
- You can use your favorite beef, or turkey meatballs to make this holiday appetizer.
- This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce this holiday season.
- If you want to use our own homemade meatballs instead of frozen meatballs, then make sure that you brown them on all sides before you add them to the slow cooker.
- I used homemade cranberry sauce for this recipe, but you can use canned instead if you prefer.
- If you want a spicy sauce and add some crushed red pepper flakes to this dish.
HOW TO STORE
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat them in the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop.
You can also freeze these meatballs in an airtight container for up to three months. Defrost them before reheating them in the microwave or slow cooker.
Do you have questions about this 3 ingredient cranberry meatball recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this easy recipe.
That’s up to you, but it will make cleaning up much easier.
I keep the slow cooker on the warm setting or low heat to keep the meatballs warm when I am serving them at a party.
No, there is no reason for you to thaw the meatballs before you add them to the slow cooker.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE FINGER FOODS THAT YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY
ADDITIONAL MEATBALL RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Cheese Stuffed Meatballs with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Slow Cooked Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce
- Turkey Meatball Recipe with Vegetables
- Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
3 Ingredient Cranberry Meatballs
- 1 28 ounce pre-cooked meatballs
- 2 cups Homemade Cranberry Sauce or 14 ounce store purchased
- 18 ounce bottled barbecue sauce sugar free
- Whisk together the cranberry sauce and the bbq sauce in the slow cooker reserving 1 1/2 cups.
- Add meatballs and fold the ingredients together coating all the meatballs.
- Top the meatballs with 1 cup of the cranberry barbecue sauce. The remaining 1/2 cup can be used as a dipping sauce when serving the meatballs.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook 2-3 hours on high or 5-7 hours on low.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.