Instant pot chicken wings made with a flavorful spicy homemade BBQ sauce. Cool each wing down by dipping them into an easy homemade blue cheese dressing.
All right football fans it’s just about time to gather around the television and hoot and holler for your favorite team! Are you ready?!
Yay. Yippee. Hippity-hoppoty yahoo!!
Excited? Truth be told, I could care less. Seriously. I’m sooo not interested in ANY game.
I know, such a pooper, but not a PARTY POOPER because I’m all about the game day EATS!
Gimme some munchies like these Instant Pot Chicken Wings with a beer or cocktail,
and I’ll sit for a couple of hours and watch burly built guys roll around, run, and throw a ball!
All while anxiously waiting for the half time show and new commercials to play. Yep, that’s what I look forward to during football season!
After spending 20 million plus dollars for Super Bowl airtime you know the brand did well when the details of the commercial sticks in our heads FOREVER.
If you have a few minutes to spare check out the Top 10 Best Super Bowl Commercials video (2016). Memories.
Ok, so now you know where I stand (with a napkin and fork in hand!) – haha.
It is absolutely mandatory to have lots of finger foods during the Super Bowl game, and cooking chicken wings is a super easy appetizer to make!
For this recipe I used frozen chicken wings from Trader Joe’s. I was a little skeptical because I don’t often cook with ice glazed chicken, but it wasn’t an issue at all! Everyone loves chicken wings!
Chicken Wings Recipe Easy Peasy
The difference in the cook time between fresh chicken and frozen is just two minutes. Easy peasy!
I made my own BBQ sauce for this recipe. It is super flavorful with a tiny bit of heat that pairs perfectly with the homemade blue cheese dressing.
Although if you are in a hurry go ahead and use your favorite bottled sauce or try my other favorite sauce, finger licking good BBQ sauce!
May the most talented team win and the referees keep their bias in check!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sugar ketchup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar alternative
- 3/4 Tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot cornstarch or flour (optional)
- Pat dry with paper towels if using fresh chicken. Place wings/drumettes in the pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together ketchup, vinegars, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, chili powder, cumin and cayenne powder. Pour over chicken.
- Place lid on and switch vent closed. Cook in manual mode, high pressure for 10-12 minutes (see notes). Once timer beeps carefully release the pressure.
- Remove chicken pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Reset pressure cooker to saute mode and let sauce cook down for about 10 minutes. To thicken (optional) in a small bowl whisk together arrowroot with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Whisk into sauce and cook until thickened (about 5 minutes). With a basting brush add sauce to chicken wings. Broil for about 5 minutes. Repeat on each side. Serve with blue cheese dressing.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.