This Pumpkin Lush Dessert is layers of crunchy graham cracker crust, sweet cheesecake filling, and a creamy pumpkin layer. If you are a fan of pumpkin and delicious layered desserts then this is the recipe for you.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The delicious pumpkin flavor from this creamy dessert also often called Pumpkin Lush will have the pumpkin lovers in your life craving this treat all year long.
- It’s a great potluck or Thanksgiving dessert because you can make it a day ahead to save time on the big day.
- This is a no-bake dessert. You will bake the graham crackers to set the crust and that’s the only step you will need the oven for.
- Best of all, everyone will love the unique combination of flavors from the graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling, and creamy pumpkin topping.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this lush dessert. Check the recipe card for an overview of the equipment.
This dessert uses some pre-made simple ingredients to help you make this pumpkin lasagna recipe. Gather these ingredients on your next trip to the grocery store. You will be so glad you did after the first bite.
- crushed graham crackers – It takes seconds to crush your own. You can also use cinnamon graham crackers.
- granulated sugar – To lower the sugar content, replace the sugar with Swerve brand or Allulose sugar alternatives.
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar – Lower the carbs with a sugar-free powdered sugar like Swerve.
- cream cheese – Adds cheesecake flavor and also acts as a whipped cream stabilizer.
- frozen whipped topping – For ease, pre-made whipped topping is used in this recipe. However, fresh whipped cream can be used as well. You will need about 8-9 cups of whipped cream.
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla instant pudding or pumpkin spice pudding (if you can find it).
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- chopped pecans (optional)
How to Make This Pumpkin Layered Dessert Recipe
Making this layered pumpkin dessert is so simple. Just follow these step-by-step instructions here, or in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. And, you will have a sweet no-bake pumpkin dessert to share with your family and friends.
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 2: Make the crust
In a medium mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Mix until it has the consistency of wet sand.
Step 3: Bake the crust
Add the mixture to the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Press flat with your hands into the entire bottom of the dish. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 4: Cool the crust
When done, allow the dish to cool completely before moving on to the next steps.
Step 5: Make the cheesecake layer
In a large mixing bowl, blend powdered sugar and cream cheese together using an electric hand mixer. Blend for about 2-3 minutes or until most of the clumps are worked out. Fold in 1 8-ounce carton of whipped topping and blend again. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
Step 6: Make the pumpkin pie mix
In a separate (or clean) large mixing bowl, combine 1 tub of whipped topping, pumpkin puree, instant pudding, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Use the electric hand mixer to blend the ingredients together until fully combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
Step 7: Spread the cream cheese layer on top of the crust
Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and remove the mixture onto the graham cracker crust. Very gently, use your spatula to spread the mixture over the crust evenly, creating a flat, even surface. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
Step 8: Add the pumpkin layer
After about 30 minutes, remove both the mixture and the dish from the refrigerator. Pour out the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly with your spatula.
Step 9: Finish the layers
Top the dish with the final tub of whipped topping. Spread evenly and garnish with chopped pecans.
Step 10: Chill the dessert
Cover the dish and place it inside the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight to set. When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and serve with a meta spatula or by cutting individual pieces carefully with a knife.
What To Serve With This Dish
This creamy pumpkin dessert pairs well with so many different main courses however my favorite is this Smoked Turkey recipe and then I like to pair with it these Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, they are perfectly creamy! You can’t go wrong with these staple recipes this holiday season.
Substitutions and Additions
- If you want a little extra flavor in your crust, you can use cinnamon graham crackers to make the crust.
- You can also make a gingersnap cookie crust by swapping out the graham crackers for gingersnaps.
- If you want to change up the flavors of this easy dessert you can swap out the pudding mixes for a different flavor. Cheesecake pudding or pumpkin spice pudding would also work great I think.
- To lower the sugar and carbs use a sugar-free pudding mix.
- You can also make fresh homemade whipped cream in place of the purchased whipped topping.
- For extra flavor on the top of this easy pumpkin dessert, feel free to dust the top with more pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Chocolate chips, toffee bits, chopped walnuts instead of pecans, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce would taste great on top of this simple dessert.
How To Store
Store this Pumpkin Lush Dessert in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If you don’t have a lid that will fit your baking dish I recommend that you cover it tightly with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
Sandra’s Pro Tips
Here are a few helpful tips that you can use to help you make this pumpkin delight recipe. With these tips, you will have a delicious dessert that your entire family will enjoy in no time at all.
- For best results use a food processor to crush your graham cracker crumbs finely. They should have the consistency of sand. If you don’t have a food processor, break up the crackers in a Ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- You could also purchase the already crushed graham cracker crumbs if you want to save a little time in the kitchen.
- If you are able to find pumpkin spice pudding mix, omit the pumpkin pie spice from the recipe.
- Make sure that you use instant pudding and not cook to serve.
- It’s important that your cream cheese is completely at room temperature before you start to make the cream cheese layer.
Do you have questions about this Pumpkin Lush Dessert? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
This dessert is called lush because of its luscious layers. The layer of graham cracker crumbs and the cream cheese mixture are like an ooey gooey filling that makes this recipe so unique.
Lush or delight recipes like this one should be served cold. So, keep it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
To get clean slices, use a sharp knife and warm up the blade under hot water for about 10-15 seconds before making each cut. This will help you achieve nice even slices.
Other Delicious Pumpkin Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy
Easy Pumpkin Layered Dessert Recipe
- 9" x 13"-inch pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric mixer – hand mixer or stand mixer
- Food processor
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham crackers finely crushed (about 15 whole graham crackers)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 ounce tubs frozen whipped topping, thawed to room temperature 3 8-ounce tubs, divided. 1 tub for cheesecake layer, 1 tub for pumpkin layer, 1 tub for topping.
Pumpkin Lush Layer
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Chopped pecans for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Mix until it has the consistency of wet sand.
- Add graham cracker mixture to the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish. Press flat with your hands evenly into the entire bottom of the dish. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. When done, allow the dish to cool completely before moving on to the next steps.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend powdered sugar and cream cheese together using an electric hand mixer. Blend for about 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Fold in 1 8-ounce tub of whipped topping and blend again.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and remove the mixture onto the graham cracker crust. Very gently, use your spatula to spread the mixture over the crust evenly, creating a flat, even surface. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
Pumpkin Lush Layer
- In a separate (or clean) large mixing bowl, combine 1 8-ounce tub of whipped topping, pumpkin puree, instant pudding, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Use the electric hand mixer to blend the ingredients together until fully combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- After about 30 minutes, remove both the mixture and the dish from the refrigerator. Pour out the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly with your spatula.
- Top the dish with the final tub of whipped topping. Spread evenly and garnish with chopped pecans.
- Cover the dish and place inside the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight to set. When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and serve with a metal spatula or by cutting individual pieces carefully with a knife.
- You can substitute the vanilla instant pudding for pumpkin spice instant pudding. However, it is harder to find. If you do substitute, omit pumpkin pie spice.
- The pudding and sweeteners can be substituted with sugar-free ingredients.
- To make homemade whipped cream, I suggest making it in batches. 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipped cream with 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract will whip up to 3 cups, which equals an 8-ounce tub of whipped topping.
- Be sure to purchase instant pudding and not cook and serve pudding. Otherwise, the mixture will not reach the consistency in which you need it to in order to set.
- This dish is best served chilled.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.