This Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Coffee tastes amazing! It’s like drinking an iced pumpkin pie. It’s smooth, creamy, and full of fall flavor. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves pumpkin-flavored drinks.
If you love making your own coffee drinks, then be sure to also try this Lavender Latte Recipe (hot or iced).
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s the perfect way to enjoy pumpkin season without spending a lot of money at coffee shops.
- You only need basic ingredients that are all easy to find at your local grocery store so you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money at the store.
- This can easily be adjusted to a sugar-free beverage by using monk fruit or your favorite sugar-free alternative in place of granulated sugar.
- With homemade pumpkin cream and pumpkin syrup, you can enjoy pumpkin drinks any time of year. No need to wait for the fall season.
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this homemade version of this coffee shop fall favorite. Plus, the best part is that you can make these coffee and syrup ahead to save time for the next day.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- cinnamon sticks
- favorite fall spices; ground cloves, ground ginger, ground nutmeg
- pumpkin puree – don’t forget to try making your own pumpkin puree in an Instant Pot!
Cold Brew Pumpkin Spice
Pumpkin Spice Foam
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetener – don’t forget that you can use sugar-free sweeteners like Allulose.
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup
How to Make This Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Making this easy pumpkin cream cold brew recipe is simple and doesn’t require a lot of equipment. Follow these steps or in the recipe card at the bottom of the post and you can sip on this flavorful drink at home.
Step 1: Make the pumpkin syrup and coffee concentrate.
Step 2: Chill the bowl and beaters or whisk.
While making the syrup and coffee, place a mixing bowl and beaters or hand whisk in the freezer for a minimum of 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Make the pumpkin foam.
Place the heavy cream, sweetener (optional), and pumpkin spice syrup in the cold mixing bowl. Whisk until double in size or until desired thickness.
Step 4: Make the drink.
Add ice to a tall glass, top with coffee (add water if diluting), then gently add a layer of the prepared foam over the coffee.
Step 5: Top the drink.
Top with a dash of pumpkin pie, cinnamon, or nutmeg.
What To Serve With This Popular Fall Drink
This popular fall drink pairs nicely with warm Pumpkin Apple Bread topped with Pumpkin Butter, baked sweets like pumpkin oatmeal cookies, or a savory dish such as vegetarian chili. It can also be enjoyed on its own as an autumn-inspired beverage.
Substitutions and Additions
Here are a few ways that you change up this drink feel free to get creative and make this Starbucks copycat recipe your own.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to your drink for some extra richness.
- Try making the foam with cold almond milk or oat milk.
- Top with chocolate shavings or caramel sauce for an extra special treat
- Use flavored syrups (hazelnut, mocha, caramel) to make different types of this drink.
- You can also add a dash of vanilla extract to your sweet cream foam for additional flavor.
How To Store
Once you make the cold foam this drink is best enjoyed right away. However, you can store coffee concentrate and the pumpkin pie simple syrup in an airtight container or in a glass mason jar in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Sandra’s Pro Tips
Here are a few tips that you can use to help you make this pumpkin cream cold brew drink extra special:
- My preferred method to make this delicious drink when I know that I’m going to be in a hurry is to make the pumpkin syrup, and the coffee concentrate ahead of time and store them in the fridge until I am ready to make the foam for the drink.
- If you use a metal large mixing bowl, it will help the homemade cold foam come together quickly because the bowl will stay cold.
- You could use a handheld milk frother to make your foam but it will take a lot longer than using a hand mixer.
- Extra foam can be whipped to stiff peaks and frozen. Add to hot cocoa or coffee like these Peppermint Mocha Frozen Whipped Cream toppers.
- Sweeten the foam with a drizzle of honey, pure maple syrup, or the sweetener of your choice to balance out the bitterness of the coffee.
- Make sure you whisk fast enough so that you don’t overmix and create large air pockets in the foam. The goal is to make the foam as light and airy as possible!
Do you have questions about this pumpkin cold foam recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this delicious recipe.
No, pumpkin cream cold brew is not overly sweet. Plus, you can control the sweetness since you are adding the sweetener yourself.
Pumpkin cream cold brew has a rich, creamy texture and flavor. It has notes of pumpkin spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coffee.
Pumpkin cream cold brew is made with espresso, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, milk, and sweetener.
Other Delicious Pumpkin Recipes You May Enjoy
Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee
- hand mixer or whisk
- Large bowl
- large glass with a straw
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup water
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp pumpkin puree
Cold Brew Pumpkin Spice
- 4 ounce 1/2 cup strong coffee concentrate cooled. Homemade or premade.
- 2-4 ounces water optional depending on how strong you want your beverage to taste.
- 1 cup ice
Pumpkin Spice Foam
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sweetener optional to taste
- 3 Tablespoon Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Prepare homemade pumpkin spice syrup and coffee concentrate.
- Prepare homemade pumpkin spice syrup and coffee concentrate.
Freeze Bowl and Whisk
- While making the syrup and coffee, place a mixing bowl and beaters or hand whisk in the freezer for a minimum of 10-15 minutes.
Prepare Cold Foam
- Place the heavy whipping cream, sweetener (optional), and pumpkin spice syrup in the cold mixing bowl. Whisk until double in size or until desired thickness.
Assemble Pumpkin Cold Cream Coffee Beverage
- Add ice to a tall 16 ounce glass, top with coffee (add water if diluting), then gently add a layer of the prepared foam over the coffee.
- Top with cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.