Easy and delicious keto pumpkin pie with all the flavors of a traditional pumpkin pie, but this version is gluten and sugar free! Check out the crust variations or enjoy this pie crustless!
Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
This pumpkin pie recipe is full of favor with just the right amount of sweetness without any granulated sugar.
Friends, I taste tested this on my family to make sure that this pie would be something that my family would enjoy during the holiday season.
The results? Two thumbs up! Creamy and delicious and since it’s Keto, it’s also filling!
For this recipe I used monk fruit to sweeten the pie, which doesn’t impact blood sugar levels and has zero calories.
Before I dive into the particulars of this keto pumpkin pie, let me remind you what type of foods are suitable for a keto diet.
Ketogenic diet consists of high fats and lower carbs with a moderate amount of protein.
I’m bolding that so you realize that keto isn’t just low carbs. The fat keeps you satisfied, which is why you’ll see in the ingredient list that I added cream cheese, plenty of eggs, and topped each slice with fluffy whipped cream or pecans.
One small slice of this pumpkin pie is all you’ll want to feel completely satiated.
Ingredients for keto pumpkin pie
- cream cheese
- large eggs
- monk fruit or sugar alternative
- pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
Ingredients for crust
- coconut flour
- coconut oil
- sugar free sweetener
- kosher salt
- pie plate
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- measuring spoons and cups
- hand mixer
- rubber spatula
Crust Options For Keto Pumpkin Pie
Of course if you are not gluten-free and you have some wiggle room in your macronutrients, then feel free to use a pre-made pie crust for this keto pumpkin pie.
On the other hand, to remain true to the diet plan then make sure the carbs in the crust is limited. I used a low carb coconut flour crust for this recipe.
For another option try one of the following:
- Almond/coconut flour crust mix found in this sugar free cheesecake recipe.
- Easy Low Carb Press-in Pie Crust made with almonds.
- Paleo Pecan Tart Crust – made with pecans.
All of these crust variations require pressing the dough into the pie pan, so be prepared to shape the crust with your fingers.
How to make keto pumpkin pie
First make the pie crust. As mentioned earlier, I used a coconut flour pie crust. Whisk eggs and vanilla together in a small bowl.
Add wet ingredients to coconut flour. Form dough, lightly grease the pie pan then pat into baking pie plate.
Bake crust for 5-7 minutes to set the crust.
Next, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until creamy, then add pumpkin puree, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
Blend well and add eggs one at a time until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
Finally, pour into prepared pie dish and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is set with a minimal jiggle.
Chill prior to serving. Top with whipped cream or pecans.
Crustless pumpkin pie
To switch up the serving and presentation, you can also make a crustless pumpkin pie.
Lightly spray ramekins or small baking dishes and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Frequently Asked Questions
The creamy pie may crack because the heat is too high, cooked too long or the pie pan is placed too close to the heating element. Make sure the pie cooks from the middle rack. Also, if testing the pie for doneness with a knife, the knife can cause cracks. Don’t worry! The pie will still taste delicious and it can be covered up with whipped cream!
To prevent the bottom of the crust from becoming soggy, partially pre-cook the crust until it is set.
Note that coconut flour and nuts tend to burn quickly, so use a pie crust shield or strips of foil around the crust the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent the crust from overcooking.
Gently shake the pie and if it jiggles slightly, then it can be removed from the oven. You may also insert a knife into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, then it is done.
Pumpkin puree is the cooked pumpkin pulp. It should be the only ingredient listed when purchasing from a grocery store. Pumpkin pie filling is made with spices, sweeteners and other ingredients you may not want in a homemade pie like dextrose and water.
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup monk fruit or sugar-free alternative
- 5 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit or sugar alternative
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8-9 inch pie plate and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, sweetener and salt
- In a small bowl beat the eggs, coconut oil and vanilla together. Fold into dry ingredients and let sit for a couple of minutes. Mix until dough forms and all ingredients hold together.
- Place between to sheets of parchment paper and with a rolling pin flatten to the approximate size of the pie plate.
- Remove top sheet of parchment paper and gently flip the crust into the prepared pie plate.
- Press into plate and gently pierce the pie crust with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes to set the crust.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Mix well.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pie plate and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the center is not jiggly.
- Cool before serving.
- Top with whipped cream or pecan halves.
Coconut Pie Crust
Pumpkin Pie Filling
Use full fat cream cheese
If using canned pumpkin puree, use the whole 15 ounce size.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304 Total Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THE KETO PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE!
Did you make any adjustments? I would love to hear what you did. Leave me a note in the comments!
PIN TO YOUR HOLIDAY AND DESSERT BOARDS