A fall favorite dessert, Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars! Rich and creamy filling between a cake crust with pumpkin pie spice, and topped with walnuts!
This is one of my hubby’s favorite fall dessert. It’s easy to make and makes quite a bit, so consider making these bars to share at a work function or potluck.
Dress these beauties up by topping them with whipped cream and serve them on pretty plates, but if you are having a casual affair, the bars hold together nicely, so you can forgo the utensils and eat it right from your hands!
I think the addition of a couple of different textures in this bar enhances the flavors. The crunchy nuts and thicker crust is a perfect combination between the creamy cheesecake filling.
I’ve been making this dessert for at least 10 years, and always get requests for the recipe, and no one ever suspects that I got a little help from a cake mix to make the crust!
I know all of you are going to be busy preparing for the holidays. It can get a little hectic, so just want to extend a virtual hug, and a loud THANK YOU for being a part of The Foodie Affair’s culinary journey.
Sometimes I question why I spend late nights and every spare moment of my time photographing, writing, and editing a blog post, and then I’ll get a nice reminder; a sweet comment will appear or someone will tell me how much they’ve enjoyed a recipe they’ve tried. Those moments revive me and makes me realize that I still have a lot to learn, and I like that food connects me to so many people.
Different tables but the foodie commonality has lead me to learn recipes and customs from the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Canada, and all over the United States! That in itself is amazing and rewarding! Thanks so much for reading XO
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 16 ounce package pound cake mix
- 3 eggs 1 for crust and 2 for filling
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice divided
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional. I use walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. Using a mixer on low speed, add 1 egg and butter . Mix until crumbly. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 10" x 15" jelly roll pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nuts. Bake 30-25 minutes or until set. Cool and chill, then cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.