No-Bake Pumpkin Protein Bites are packed with real pumpkin puree and fall spices!
This snack will be your “go-to” fall healthy treat!
Pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg are some of the flavors in these little No-bake Pumpkin Protein Bites. Not only are these super flavorful, but this is a mix and roll recipe. No baking required!
I based this recipe from my protein bites, gluten-free snack recipe, and gave them to my running buddies for a Halloween treat!
Giving food to friends is one of my favorite ways to show my love and appreciation. It’s always fun to see how excited they get, especially when it’s not expected!
Munch on one or two of these no-bake pumpkin protein bites between meals, before or after a workout.
You can even eat these bites as an appetizer before ordering sushi like my friends did when we got together for dinner!
This month I have two half marathons on my calendar! On November 17th, the Big Sur Half Marathon, which is an event that’s held in my neighborhood, but before then, three of my sole sisters and I will be strutting 13.1 miles in our running shoes at Disney’s Wine & Dine in Florida.
I’m prepared to tackle the miles, but like all the bazillion other races I’ve participated in, I won’t be bringing home the money race purse, assuming there is one.
Maybe the first place winner gets a bottle of wine and a tour of Cinderella’s castle? I don’t know.
I do know that some of these little morsels with will be traveling with me so I don’t have to buy an overpriced snack at the airport! I also know that I’ll be sharing a glass of wine or two with my gals, and bringing home a blingy medal (a reward for participating 😉 )!
Actually, I’ll be coming back with two medals because we also ran Tinker Bell’s Half Marathon in Anaheim, CA, so we qualify for a Coast to Coast medal! How cool is that 🙂
Looking for more healthy snacks? Check out these protein keto snacks from Fitness Crest!
No-Bake Pumpkin Protein Bites
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked (I used gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 servings of vanilla whey protein powder (this equates to three scoops of the brand I use)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup honey plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup nut butter (I used peanut)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Mix together oats, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add honey and nut butter and microwave for 30 seconds. Mix in the pumpkin to the honey and nut butter mixture and let cool slightly.
- Add honey and peanut butter mixture to the oats mixture and mix well forming one dough ball. Put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Form into 1 inch balls. Put in airtight container and store in the refrigerator.