Home cooked keto sausage gravy recipe over gluten free biscuits. Simple low carb breakfast for a crowd will keep you satisfied for hours! Perfect meal for powering though the day!
Keto Sausage Gravy Recipe
Just the meal you want this time of year, because aren’t you in full energizer bunny busy mode? I know I am!
This past weekend Alan and I put up our Christmas tree, which I LOVE to pieces. It’s the perfect size for our small living area and I added ribbon to our tree this year, which looks better than I thought it would. I’ll have to share a photo!
Not only did we get the tree up, but we decorated the house too! In past years I have been pretty ambivalent about pulling out all the Christmas boxes stored with years worth of decor. It’s a lot of work, right?
When our kids were young we went all out! Every room was cheery with the holiday spirit. Even the kid’s rooms were decorated with mini artificial Christmas trees.
Sam’s tree had a sports theme going on with itty-bitty ornaments of baseballs, footballs, and basketballs. Ashley’s tree was glittery and filled with tiny purses and shoe ornaments!
Super cute, but these days the Christmas decorations are pared down quite a bit with just enough to make the house cozy and festive!
If you haven’t dug into your holiday decor, I have just the low carb biscuit and sausage gravy meal you’ll want to eat before climbing the rafters!
This dish will give you the energy you’ll need for digging through all those boxes!
Start by making these low carb cheddar biscuits. The recipe makes eight drop biscuits and they’re only 2 carbs each. For this recipe I made the biscuits larger so that I could have six substantial servings.
The low carb biscuits only take about 12 minutes to bake.
While letting those cook up break out the skillet and start cooking the sausage.
I used a mix of hot and sweet Premio Foods Sausage. Premio Foods sent me sausage without any expectations of providing feedback, but to be honest, I thought this sausage was so delicious I had to share it with you! Plus, it’s the season for giving back 🙂
Even Alan asked, “What kind of sausage did you use? It’s super flavorful!” I have since learned that Premio doesn’t use filler in their sausage, which makes a BIG difference in the quality of meat we consume, guys!
In addition, I didn’t need to add any seasoning to the low carb gravy sauce!
The sausage provided all the flavor it needed.
You can use bulk sausage or links. I took the casings off of links and left some big chunks mixed up with small pea sized pieces.
Serve right out of the skillet once you make the gravy sauce or place the biscuits in a baking dish, then top it with the sausage gravy.
Enjoy every bite!
Keto Sausage Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Make low carb cheddar biscuits and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook sausage in two tablespoons of butter until the meat is no longer pink. Break up the sausage into the size of pieces you prefer while cooking. Once meat is cooked, drain fat if there is more that a couple of tablespoons left in the pan.
- Add cream and water and simmer for about 12 minutes. Remove one tablespoon of the sauce and place it in a small bowl to cool. Once cool, whisk in the arrowroot, then return to the skillet whisking in the sausage mix. Bring to medium-high heat and once the sauce thickens and begins to bubble, remove from heat. Add remaining two tablespoons of butter and stir until incorporated in the sauce.
- Place the biscuits in a baking pan. Pour sausage gravy over the biscuits. Place in the oven at 350 degrees and cook for 10 minutes or until the biscuits are heated.
- Serve right away.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS