Simple Low Carb Hamburger Casserole made with cauliflower instead of pasta. This dish is seasoned with the same spices you use for tacos and topped with CHEESE!
Low Carb Hamburger Casserole
Alrighty, guys! I’ve made this dish about four times in the last month and it’s yummilicious as well as super easy to make!
Sooo, if you want a quick dish that’s hearty and healthy, then be sure to keep this recipe handy!
Each time I made this hamburger casserole I tweaked it a little differently. At first, I whipped the cauliflower into a creamy mashed potato-like consistency.
Another time it was topped it with a cheese sauce instead of shredded cheese, and thereafter the dish was simply seasoned with salt and pepper.
Hamburger casserole without pasta!
Did you grow up with Hamburger Helper? It’s a pre-packaged pasta dish that’s super easy and economical meal to make. All you need to do is add ground beef.
My mom was an amazing cook and didn’t serve many pre-packaged foods, but when my kids were young I admit that I turned to Hamburger Helper and Kraft Mac n’ Cheese more times than I wish to admit.
Every kid needs to experience mediocre dishes. It’s a kid-hood rite of passage! Right?!
Keto ground beef casserole
I have lowered my sugar intake and incorporated low carb meals into our diets for years, but adding more good fats to my meals and following a Ketogenic Diet is a more recent endeavor.
It’s never too late to modify food choices, which is what I did with this cauliflower hamburger casserole by turning a classic dish in to a low carb family favorite meal!
I love the texture of the cauliflower in this dish. The florets are soft on the outside, but still firm when you bite into them, so you really feel like you are enjoying a comfort casserole dish like meat and potatoes or meat and pasta!
Put this Low Carb Hamburger Casserole is your recipe rotation, and get creative with additional toppings! How about adding bacon or slices of avocado!
For more low carb hamburger casseroles try these delicious recipes!
Low Carb Hamburger Casserole
Delicious low carb hamburger casserole is a healthy twist to the classic pasta dish. This simple recipe is delicious and sure to be a family favorite meal!
- 1 1/2 pounds Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in to florets and steamed
- 6 tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican blend, shredded
- Lightly spray a 9 x 11 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Steam cauliflower florets for about 5 minutes or until desired tenderness. Make sure that the cauliflower isn't too wet from the steam. Blot with paper towels if necessary and add to the prepared casserole dish.
- Heat oil In a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and break up with a spoon until cooked (3-5 minutes). Drain most oil (if your meat is oily, leaving about 1 tablespoon) Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over the beef mix until coated. Add beef to casserole dish and fold together with the cauliflower. Top with cheese and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
This recipe is approximately 400 calories, 9.5 grams carbohydrates and 2.3 grams of fiber per serving according to HappyForks recipe analyzer. The brands and ingredients you use may change these totals.