No bake cookies with coconut and caramel on a a vanilla wafer then drizzled with dark chocolate. These simple copycat Samoas can also be made sugar free and low carb!
It’s time for our Freaky Friday annual holiday cookie exchange and today I get to reveal the blogger that I was assigned to!
If you have followed the Freaky Friday events in the past then you know it is a virtual blog hop event that my friend Michaela over at An Affair from the Heart coordinates every 3-4 months for about 12 bloggers.
Michaela randomly assigns bloggers a website from the pool of participants, and then gives us free reign to pick a recipe to share that we think our readers will enjoy.
It’s a lot of fun to secretly poke around each others sites, but it isn’t easy to pick just one recipe or keep our great finds to ourselves!
During the Christmas season we switch things up and only opt for a dessert or snack that can be shared during the holidays, and TODAY is the day to share it ALL!
Let me end the suspense and introduce my friend Deanna (Dee) from Seduction in the Kitchen who is the creative force behind these Copycat Samoa No Bake Cookies!
Dee has a variety of recipes on her website and her appreciation for good tasting food shines through in every one. Like me, Dee works full-time, then spends the remaining hours building her business. We also happen to share October birthdays just a day apart!
Additionally, we share the same sweet tooth! These mini pumpkin tarts, lemon pomegranate cookies, and almost nutter butter cookies were so tempting, but once I got a glimpse of these No Bake Caramel Delights I couldn’t stop obsessing over them.
Dramatic? Maybe, but seriously, who doesn’t love Girl Scout cookies as well as a stress-free cookie option during the holidays?!!
You may already have most of the ingredients in your pantry!
Do you have a baking supply stash in your pantry? I do! Nuts are always plentiful along with chocolate chips and coconut flakes!
Luckily, both of the later ingredients are used in this recipe. The brands I use happen to be sugar free, so I kept with theme and turned this treat into a sugar free cookie!
The wafers were picked by default because my store only had shortbread cookies with pecans, and I wanted this cookie to be nut free just like Dee’s.
These no bake cookies come together in under 15 minutes, so attending a last minute get together is a breeze!
Did you happen to notice my piping bag hack? It’s an easy way to drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate.
Simply fold a small baggie over a container like a stemless wine glass, pour the melted chocolate in the bag, gather the sides and cut the tip of one corner.
The best part is after you are done with decorating the cookie you can toss the baggie!
Hope you love making these no bake cookies as much as I did! Thanks for a great recipe, Dee!
No Bake Cookies A Copycat Samoas
- Shortbread or vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup shredded coconut toasted
- 1/4 - 1 cup caramel topping
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine coconut and caramel. Note that the amount of caramel used may vary depending on the brand - start with 1/4 cup and increase until coconut flakes are well coated and sticky. Place in the refrigerator.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Carefully dip the rounded side of the wafer in the chocolate and place them on the prepared baking sheet to harden (chocolate side up).
- Once chocolate is firm turn cookie over and place a heaping teaspoon of the coconut mixture on the cookie. With the remaining chocolate pipe over the top of each cookie. Sprinkle with additional coconut if desired. Let set and enjoy!
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Be sure to visit all the recipes from all the participants of Freaky Friday Virtual holiday blog hop!