Creamy keto chocolate cheesecake made with chocolate almond flour crust is the most decadent cheesecake you’ll ever taste! All the chocolate goodness you could dream of. Even non keto or low carb followers will love this low carb dessert.
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
Cheesecake is probably one of my favorite desserts. I love the creamy texture and the fact that you are able to add simple whipped cream or delicious sauces and fresh fruit to level up the cake.
This low carb pumpkin cheesecake recipe is another one of my favorite fall recipes, but I needed another keto cheesecake that we can enjoy all year long.
Well, chocolate fits that bill perfectly don’t you agree?
Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake
Friends, I barely was able to take photos to show you this keto chocolate cheesecake creation.
Once it was baked and refrigerated, we dug in. I took one photo of the complete cake (below), and then piece by piece this disappeared!
Unlike my crustless pumpkin pie cheesecake, I wanted a crust for this decadent beauty.
I modified this crust from Fine Cooking to meet a grain-free keto diet and it came out perfect! Not too sweet with just the right amount of chocolate.
In addition to making this grain free, I also added a pinch of cinnamon. Cinnamon nicely enhances the chocolate flavor.
How To Make Chocolate Cheesecake
First we want to make the chocolate pie crust, them mix the keto cheesecake filling.
Note that until I do a separate post on the crust, this great to use with any filling, but it tastes especially delicious with chocolate cheesecake.
Let’s gather the ingredients.
Ingredients For Almond Four Chocolate Pie Crust:
- Almond flour – superfine. Pulse in a food processor if you can’t find superfine. Fine almond flour helps to mimic the fine texture of regular all-purpose flour.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – any brand if fine, just make sure it is pure cocoa.
- Butter – melted and cooled. Unsalted butter is what I always have stocked, but salted is fine too use since I don’t add additional salt in the crust.
- Sweetener – I use granulated monk fruit. Use the sugar free sweetener you like best.
- Cinnamon – a nice compliment with chocolate. Although I have made this crust without the spice too.
Ingredients For Keto Chocolate Cheesecake:
- Chocolate baking bar – I used Lily’s 58% cocoa.
- Cream cheese – regular block cream cheese.
- Salt – enhances the chocolate flavor.
- Sugar free sweetener – like monk fruit or a mix or erythritol and stevia
- Vanilla extract
Steps To Bake Cheesecake
Whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add the butter and mix until well combined.
Place crust mix in a 9″ springform pan. Press mix evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Bake at 325°F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack.
Now we move onto the Keto cheesecake filling.
First, place the chocolate over a double boiler and simmer until chocolate has melted and stir until smooth.
Remove from heat and cool.
Now we want to combine the cream cheese, salt and sweetener together using a mixer on medium speed. Beat until fluffy.
Add sour cream and vanilla. Finally add the cooled chocolate.
Add eggs one at a time beating until blended. Now pour the chocolate cheesecake into the prepared springform pan.
Bake at 300°F for 60-70 minutes.
Cool and refrigerate before serving. Serve with fruit or top with whipped cream.
Can I Substitute The Chocolate Baking Bar With Cocoa?
Technically, yes you can substitute the baking bar with cocoa. Although this will require adjustments that I have not mastered.
If you would like to try this on your own, here are a couple of tips to keep in mind.
- 1 ounce of a baking bar is about 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- The baking bar has sweetener, so you will need to add additional sweetener to the recipe.
- The texture may change slightly.
How To Make This Keto Cheesecake Crustless
Although I highly recommend making the crust for this cheesecake, it can be baked without the crust.
Start with mixing the keto chocolate cheesecake filling.
Grease the sides and bottom of an 9 inch springform pan with butter. Cover bottom with foil half way up the pan for extra protection when placing on a baking sheet.
Continue to bake as noted in the recipe card.
Tips To Prevent Cracking
TIP 1 – place a small ramekin or oven proof dish with water on the baking sheet. This adds moisture in the oven and helps prevents cracks in the cheesecake.
TIP 2 – also don’t over mix the eggs. One at a time just until incorporated will also also help prevent cracking.
How To Store Cheesecake
Once the cheesecake is baked and cooled store in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap to keep the cake from drying out.
Cheesecake will remain fresh in the refrigerator properly stored for up to 4 days.
Alternatively, cheesecake can be frozen for up to 3 months without losing its creamy texture. Again, wrap in plastic wrap before placing in a freezer container.
For More Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes:
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake – this one is made in an Instant Pot!
Sugar Free Cheesecake with Maple Pecan Topping – you’ll want to eat the topping by the spoonful!
Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake – creamy and delicious! You won’t miss the crust.
- 2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons monk fruit
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounce Dark Chocolate Bar - 55% cocoa, 35% sugar alternative
- 3 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar alternative
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- Whipped Cream (garnish)
For The Crust
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F and assemble a 9" springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon until well blended. Add the cooled butter and mix with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are moist.
- Add to the springform pan and distribute the crust evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake until set for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on baking rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
For The Filling
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, salt sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and cooled chocolate. Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating until combined into mix.
- Pour into the crust and spread batter evenly.
- Place springform pan on a baking sheet with a small ramekin or ovenproof with water (helps add moisture and prevents cracking).
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center is jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Remove outer ring of springform pan.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 28.2gSaturated Fat: 16.6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCarbohydrates: 9.9gFiber: 4.6gSugar: .2gProtein: 6g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR LOW CARB, KETO, SUGAR FREE, AND DESSERT BOARDS